Most Beautiful Woman

Chit-chat, current events
Uncle Stevie

Most Beautiful Woman

Post by Uncle Stevie »

Jennifer Lopez was just honored as the most beautiful woman in the world. I love JLO and find her very appealing but find it hard to give her that title. Rita Hayworth and Elizabeth Taylor were way more beautiful, in my opinion. Surely in today's celebrity market we can find some very gorgeous women to wear that crown.

Who would be your vote for the most beautiful woman of today?
Uncle Stevie

"Great Marriages Are Made In Heaven,
So Is Thunder and Lightning"
Fossy

Re: Most Beautiful Woman

Post by Fossy »

I am not au fey with the current batch of film stars because I have not been to the movies for years. Most of the film stars I am familiar with are pre 1950`s and there were many beauties then. I am surprised that Jennifer Lopez ( at age 41 ) would be touted as the most beautiful woman in the world. Of the current movie stars I think that Catherine Zeta-Jones (also age 41) would rate well. I would also have thought that the most beautiful woman in the world would have been much younger.
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Catherine Zeta-Jones was the first one to pop in my head. Pondering....
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
klondike

Post by klondike »

Jazz-pianist/vocalist Diana Krall (who's also the wife of undeserving poseur, Elvis Costello, more's the pity) would score a ringingly solid 10 in my book . .
intothenitrate

Post by intothenitrate »

I'm in the same boat as Fossy, don't know the current field well enough to make an educated pick. I've got that Peter Jackson King Kong, and the actress who plays the Fay Wray part is pretty crush-worthy.
"Immorality may be fun, but it isn't fun enough to take the place of one hundred percent virtue and three square meals a day."
Goodnight Basington
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

I think you refer to Naomi Watts.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

I know you all know my preference toward Rita Hayworth.

It's all about eye appeal, sex appeal, likes and dislikes, and preferences. I have an affinity towards redheads, some prefers blondes over brunettes, and brunettes over blondes, and so forth. I for one, learned in a documentary ... its all about the chemical makeup in our bodies that attracts certain types of women. I learned in that documentary - its all about preferences, our desires, and most importantly what attracts to you by a certain "looks".

So, we can debate and debate who is the MOST BEAUTIFUL WOMAN in the world - we can even have a poll - just like the SCREWBALL COMEDY that we just concluded 3-4 weeks ago. And, at the end of that POLL - their will be some of us will be very disappointed of the outcome of that poll; and that's might not be the best way to settle an argument here. But, its will tell us that we came to that point. Let's say ELISABETH TAYLOR was the winner of that POLL ... I bet that 5-10 Silver Screen Oasis Members here might say otherwise. So, we'll be so active on that NEW thread ... that's somehow we will never come to right conclusion whatsoever. And, many of us will be very disappointed in this.

Basically, what I'm trying to say - is that their is beauty in all women in the world. To me, what inside the woman and outside its counts. Their is outer beauty, inner beauty, screen presence, and I can think of lots of things that can be taken into consideration. Some Men like myself - love radiant hair, beautiful eyes, and plump lips. Some Men likes big breasts, killer legs, and overall package deal, Some Men like different things ... I will not go there ... but, Some Women also do the same ... their is Women Judges on Miss USA, Miss Universe, and even local beauty pageants that have their stay about who is beautiful and who is not.

Its all about our hearts desires for ... I like all kinds of women ... and to be truthful here ... I find Rita Hayworth the total package. But, can I say she is the MOST BEAUTIFUL WOMAN in the world ... the ANSWER is NO. Everyone here is entitled to their opinions ... and what you see ... is what you get.

At end of this post ... its all about eye appeal, sex appeal ... and PREFERENCES.
klondike

Post by klondike »

Jim'ny Xmas; it was a simple, direct question, based on a simple, straight-forward premise.
Stevie just asked us who, based on now; there's no need to dissect the question, or belabor the obvious, in order to submit, or enjoy, or examine, the responses.
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Klondike ... OK, Sorry about getting too technical here.

For Redheads - Rita Hayworth
For Brunettes - A tie between Raquel Welch and Catherine Zeta-Jones
For Blondes - A three way here ... Grace Kelly, Marilyn Monroe, and Betty Grable.

Honorable Mentions - Jane Russell, Jaclyn Smith, Gene Tierney, and Lynda Carter.
Uncle Stevie

Post by Uncle Stevie »

I find a moral obligation to vote for my wife.
Uncle Stevie

ChiO

Post by ChiO »

I'm with Uncle Stevie (no, not his wife...my wife).

But, despite the ridicule I endured from the female members of my former staff years ago, I do have an inexplicable attraction to Cameron Diaz.

And in the "Forget the 'Most Beautiful'...She's Just a Goddess" category: Sophia Loren.
Everyday people...that's what's wrong with the world. -- Morgan Morgan
I love movies. But don't get me wrong. I hate Hollywood. -- Orson Welles
Movies can only go forward in spite of the motion picture industry. -- Orson Welles
Uncle Stevie

Post by Uncle Stevie »

Today is my 49th Wedding Anniversary. I must be kind to my wife.
Uncle Stevie

knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

congrats, Unc. You are married to a very understanding (long suffering???) woman! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Uncle Stevie

Post by Uncle Stevie »

Youv'e got that right!
Uncle Stevie

Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Uncle Stevie wrote:Youv'e got that right!
Wow! Congratulations too :!: