TCM Message Boards Announcement

Chit-chat, current events
Rita Hayworth

Re: TCM Message Boards Announcement

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Many times, I thought about joining that Board because not only it's has great membership and topics and all, but I find the current forum too difficult for me to navigate and let alone trying to use it when I browse it now and then. I do go there 2-3 times a month as an unregistered guest and I just don't like it at all.

If they made it more like ours forum (Silver Screen Oasis) - I would join it in a heartbeat.

I haven't joined it ... and once the new forum is up and I hope someone here will indicate that and I will take a good look at it and if I like the changes that they did - I would join it immediately.
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

PT,

The good news is that all those old threads won't be lost. They are migrating a year's worth of threads for the new launch and some threads, like Mongo's, will eventually be completely restored as I understand it.
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

Hoping that Kyle's threads will remain preserved.
"You build my gallows high, baby."

http://www.megramsey.com
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

CineMaven wrote:Hoping that Kyle's threads will remain preserved.
♥ He is so missed.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Theresa,

It's my understanding that his threads (as well as the Program Challenge threads) will be preserved and migrated over with the other threads.

I have really been missing him lately. We always compared notes about what we wanted to do at the Festivals, when to get together, what movie to see together and this year that's not possible.

But, hopefully, throughout the festival his friends will get together and raise a glass in toast to him. I like to think he's smiling and watching over us.
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

After spending 20-30 minutes today - looking at the instructions and the new format of the TCM MESSAGE BOARDS - i decided not to join it because its too complicated and I just don't like the hassle of two passwords - plus a temporary password and looked at the new format in general and still the same ole thing like it was a week ago and decided not to join it.

I find it very bizarre and its a tad confusing the way things are placed over there. Not my cup of tea!
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

I think that if you go to the main home screen for TCM>Community>Message Boards the new message board screen is there now. I was able to login using a new password without any issues. I hope others will give it a try. It looks pretty good. Hope it will be all that is hoped in the future.

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

the re-registration process totally locked me out from my old user name (MissGoddess) and I couldn't even view the board to contact an admin. So, I had to register as a newbie and now it won't let me post a reply to old threads (locked) or even new threads (I get a pop up saying "Welcome...please re-register or register"). Yikes! I managed to send a PM to a moderator but I don't know if I'll get a response...I imagine their inboxes are flooded....

Anyway, I registered as "PappysGirl" but as I said, can't reply to anything.
:(
"There's only one thing that can kill the movies, and that's education."
-- Will Rogers
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

MissGoddess wrote:the re-registration process totally locked me out from my old user name (MissGoddess) and I couldn't even view the board to contact an admin. So, I had to register as a newbie and now it won't let me post a reply to old threads (locked) or even new threads (I get a pop up saying "Welcome...please re-register or register"). Yikes! I managed to send a PM to a moderator but I don't know if I'll get a response...I imagine their inboxes are flooded....

Anyway, I registered as "PappysGirl" but as I said, can't reply to anything.
:(
That's odd, since it shows you as logged in last at 11:19am this morning today as MissGoddess. I was described as a newbie too. Ha!

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

All mine says is I don't have permission to "do" or "visit" or anything. It has my user name and the mile long password to get in but I can't do anything. Shoot, I can't even find a place to put my old password in.

This is going to get ugly.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

movieman1957 wrote:All mine says is I don't have permission to "do" or "visit" or anything. It has my user name and the mile long password to get in but I can't do anything. Shoot, I can't even find a place to put my old password in.

This is going to get ugly.
So you are having the exact same problem I am having. Hopefully they will work it out...I have sent an email to [email protected] and a PM to Moderator1, also Lynn is kindly trying to help as well.
-- Will Rogers
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Chris and April,

I can't access my new PM box at TCM City, can you both send me the emails associated with your TCM accounts via PM here?

Thanks!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

Just PM'd you, Lynn, thanks.

Now I can't access the board at all, it appears to be unplugged at the moment, ha. Maybe they are feverishly working on "fixes". :D
-- Will Rogers
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

What is also weird is depending on where I sign in I use my old password.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

you mean you were able to log in and post using your old password? i tried that but it wouldn't recognize my old PW and still rejects me, saying I have no permission, if I re-set it.
-- Will Rogers