TCM Message Boards Announcement

Chit-chat, current events
Lzcutter
Administrator

Re: TCM Message Boards Announcement

Post by Lzcutter »

Any one having logging in problems over at Craz, er, TCM City, please PM here and include your moniker and the email addy associated with your account as well as your current email (if it is different).

Thanks!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

Thanks Lynn--and congrats on your Staff status over there now!! Good going, TCM.

Your longtime TCM "newbie" pal,
moira
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Moira:

It wouldn't let me do anything. It did read my account up in the heading but clicking on it gets no real response to change or view or update anything at all.

I can look at my profile.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

movieman1957 wrote:Moira:

It wouldn't let me do anything. It did read my account up in the heading but clicking on it gets no real response to change or view or update anything at all.

I can look at my profile.
I am hoping that Lynn will be of help as she mentioned her desire to be contacted in her above post. It's bizarre that the system knew me, but not you, Miss G. and clore, Chris. :shock: :cry:
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

kingrat wrote:I was able to re-register as kingrat. Perhaps some of the kinks have been worked out by now.
Not for me, not yet, but one of the moderators just replied to my PM (as PappysGirl, that is) that they are working on the issue. I'll try to be patient. :D
"There's only one thing that can kill the movies, and that's education."
-- Will Rogers
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

It looks like they have taken it down again. I can't get to the board from any side.
Chris

Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Chris,

Can you PM me and tell me what you are seeing when you try to access the boards?
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Even though I don't post there any more, I re registered with no problems. I started a thread about our lady in blue, would check back periodically to see if anyone knew who she was, but since our Mrs. O answered that question, I'm not sure why I re registered, unless it's just wanting to look at the occasional train wreck :oops: :oops: :oops:
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be.. It's the way it is..
The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference." ~ Virginia Satir
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
Bronxgirl48

Post by Bronxgirl48 »

I'm sort of in shock right now.

Didn't know about the TCM overhaul until today, since I hadn't been posting there with any regularity these days (not intentionally; I've been busy with family business and Mom). I went to Hot Topics with the intention of posting something typically silly and shallow on my thread, but, it was gone with the wind.

I saw "Hello, Bronxgirl48" at the top of the home page so couldn't understand why I wasn't able to sign in. Then the "Hello, Bronxgirl48" vanished -- I took a deep breath and saw all the new configurations and instructions. Tried to log in as a returnee, with my e-mail address, but I couldn't access that Security Code and move on to "process". Since I'm notoriously low-tech, all of this gave me panic attacks. I've been trying several times, and am unable to register.

Okay, change is a part of life. Does the TCM Message Board really need my pseudo-whimsical Riviera/Rudy/monster movie nonsense? lol, I guess not. Onward and upward! Only, how do I get back into the fold there?
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

You'll have to reregister. It sends you an email with a temp password and then you sign in and go to your settings under your name to change it. You, hopefully, are in and ready.

It's a different look and a different process. If you can get in it will take some getting used to. There are apparently still some fixes to come.

Well, if TCM can't use your pseudo-whimsical Riviera/Rudy/monster movie nonsense then we would love more of it.

PM Lynn and she can help.
Chris

markfp

Post by markfp »

I've done everything they asked, putting in the "foot-long" alpha/numerical password they sent to confirm that I'm really me and still can't get in. I even sent an e-mail to the link they gave, but haven't heard back. Of course, it is the weekend and maybe nobody is there or perhaps they are but swamped with folks not getting in I'd hate to register as a new user and loose all my posts, etc. I hope it's all worth the trouble. :x :x :x
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Markfp,

Please PM me here at the Oasis as I can be of help in getting you together with a TCM tech who can help. I just need the following info in the PM:

Your name
Your TCM moniker
The email addy you originally registered with
Your current email addy if it is not the same

Barb,

Fear not! I have sent you a PM so if you see this, please take a look at your PM box and send one back to me! Your "Bronxgirl" thread is not gone forever! It just needs to be migrated over.

But, Chris is right, the new boards have new functionality that takes a bit adjusting to. But the "Bronxgirl" thread is always welcome here!

Thanks!

Lynn
Lynn in Lake Balboa

Bronxgirl48

Post by Bronxgirl48 »

Chris, I can't tell you how moved and also joyful you just made me with your words. Thank you so much, wow. :D :D :D

Even my little pet anole lizard is smiling from his perch on the wall.

I did get in touch with Lynn.
Bronxgirl48

Post by Bronxgirl48 »

Thank you kindly, Lynn!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D