Poll ended at June 11th, 2008, 9:15 am

Out of the Past
48%
Touch of Evil
52%

Total votes: 21

ChiO

Post by ChiO »

This is ending in true noir style -- like Annie Laurie Starr and Bart Tare, passionate and dead.
Everyday people...that's what's wrong with the world. -- Morgan Morgan
I love movies. But don't get me wrong. I hate Hollywood. -- Orson Welles
Movies can only go forward in spite of the motion picture industry. -- Orson Welles
Dewey1960

Post by Dewey1960 »

Our office has already dispatched a delegation of diplomats from Detroit to the Windy City to investigate circulating rumors of voter fraud. But short of a brutal display of bloodshed in the streets, this side would wholeheartedly endorse the declaration of a shared ownership of the title betwixt these two mighty films.
The above statement has been prepared and approved by E. Pluribus Dewey, campaign coordinator for OUT OF THE PAST.
ChiO

Post by ChiO »

On behalf of the Welles and Paul Masson Estates, the firm of Dewey Cheatum & Howell accepts the magnanimous offer of concession and withdrawal. As to the puppet delegation being dispatched to Chicahga, we quote a great Chicahga alderman: Don't send nobody nobody sent.

It can now be told: As I sit here typing, over my right shoulder is an insert for GREAT DAY IN THE MORNING; directly in front of me is a one-sheet for NIGHTFALL; and, my computer wallpaper...a shot from I WALKED WITH A ZOMBIE.

As Welles would say, IT'S ALL TRUE.
Movies can only go forward in spite of the motion picture industry. -- Orson Welles
Dewey1960

Post by Dewey1960 »

Concession? Withdrawl? Does anyone recall hearing those words uttered by this side? Is this how the opposition greets the prospect of unification?

Ultimately, your immediate surroundings speak well of your aesthetics; a hattrick of perfection one might say!
Dewey1960

Post by Dewey1960 »

Hold on! I now see that the vote total reads 11 to 10 favor of EVIL. What gives? This ain't right.
cinemalover

Post by cinemalover »

It looks like there's controversy in the Noir world, somehow quite fitting. I'm just checking in now so I don't know when that last vote was posted. Can anyone verify that it was past the DEADline? Maybe we need some tombstone votes brought in.
Chris

The only bad movie is no movie at all.
Dewey1960

Post by Dewey1960 »

Chris, it was definitely posted after deadline. I checked in about 1:00 am (PST) and the totals were 10 apiece. I'm an early riser, and about 6:00 am the totals still read 10 all. I even sent a PM to ChiO (and Mr. Ark) commenting on the coolness of a second dead heat. The truth must come out!
cinemalover

Post by cinemalover »

Thanks, Dewey. That's all I need to know. There has been fraud I say, and this battle officially ends in a 10-10 tie after double sudden-death overtime.

Now the question goes out to our studio audience, is it fitting that we crown these two titans co-champions? Or do we need to try a third time to determine a winner?

You decide! Let me know your thoughts.

P.S. Thanks to everyone for making this the most interesting competition yet!
Chris

The only bad movie is no movie at all.
ChiO

Post by ChiO »

The Loser sez: I'm an early riser, and about 6:00 am the totals still read 10 all. I even sent a PM to ChiO (and Mr. Ark) commenting on the coolness of a second dead heat. The truth must come out!

I checked at about 6:45am CST today and, I must confess, the totals were 10-10. So, for the first time in the final round, he writes the Truth.

There can only be one logical explanation: The Noir Gods intervened (perhaps with some help from a Phantom Voter in some midwestern city that need not be named?).
ChiO

Post by ChiO »

Chris said:
Now the question goes out to our studio audience, is it fitting that we crown these two titans co-champions? Or do we need to try a third time to determine a winner?

I will withhold my vote on that proposition until you answer this question: What if the vote on your proposition is a tie?

And don't use the word "fraud" when you're lookin' at me, kid. It's a bum rap, I tell ya.
Dewey1960

Post by Dewey1960 »

With his customary truth-twisting and deceptive double-speak the opposition confirms our deepest and most profound suspicions: he is a lunatic.
ChiO

Post by ChiO »

There are no winners (well(es), maybe one), only losers (you know who you are).

But, all seriousness aside...

I'd be only too happy to meet with Ambassador Dewey, and offer him on behalf of my candidate the right hand of good fellowship. And I feel sure he will accept this gesture in the spirit of which it is offered. But suppose he doesn't. A fine thing that'll be. I hold out my hand and he refuses to accept. That'll add a lot to my prestige, won't it? Me, the head of a campaign, snubbed by a foreign ambassador. Who does he think he is, that he can come here, and make a sap of me in front of all my people? Think of it - I hold out my hand and that hyena refuses to accept. Why, the cheap ball-pushing swine, he'll never get away with it I tell you, he'll never get away with it.
Dewey1960

Post by Dewey1960 »

Unless Mr. ChiO is prepared to undergo treatment at Dr. Fuller's SHOCK CORRIDOR FOR THE APPARENTLY INSANE, I'm not entirely sure I can trust his less than gracious gesture. It seems that the psychological pressures he has incurred from running his nefarious F FOR FRAUD campaign have taken their toll. We on the side of righteous sanity will take it under advisement.
ChiO

Post by ChiO »

It is time for the banshee shreik by the POUT OF THE (BOM)BAST crowd to end. Cry no more. Move from denial to acceptance.

Our works in stone, in paint, in print, are spared, some of them, for a few decades or a millennium or two, but everything must finally fall in war, or wear away into the ultimate and universal ash - the triumphs, the frauds, the treasures and the fakes.
Dewey1960

Post by Dewey1960 »

After careful consideration, this side of the fence would be in favor of the declaration of a tie in this emotionally charged contest. Let it further be known that, in the absence of a sane and rational response from the other side, we will accept any contrary decision that comes forth from the assembled multitude.

This just in: shocking video of our opponent upon learning that his scandalous efforts to "fix" this election's outcome had been thwarted...
[youtube][/youtube]