Ben's new set

Discussion of programming on TCM.
Lzcutter
Administrator

Ben's new set

Post by Lzcutter »

Did anyone notice that Ben M has a new large "classic Hollywood home" set? Gone is the pinball machine, the freeway sign and the loft look. In its place is a dining room/living room with wood and California tile. Looks like a home you could find in Beverly Hills or Whitley Heights.

Thoughts?
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

moira finnie
Administrator

Re: Ben's new set

Post by moira finnie »

He's out of the cellar!! I was delighted to see Ben surrounded by warm reds and browns, seemingly in a house built circa 1925 in Hollywood with comfort in mind even more than impressing anyone who might wander into the room. It was also fun to see how delighted he was--especially when he commented that this set was nicer "than anyplace I've ever lived..."

Great job, TCM design staff and thanks for finally bringing the Mankiewicz boy up to the adult living room. I wish they'd give their names and where to find some of this stuff, (There's this French Empire griffin lamp on Robert Osborne's set that I've wanted to snag for years).
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks