Colt .45 (1950)

mrsl

Re: Colt .45 (1950)

Post by mrsl »

Jackie baby:

I love when someone says something I wish I had said, but usually they say it better than I could. Anyway, I kind of liken Randy to Bob Mitchum in the acting department. For years Bob was considered wooden and a lesser actor until someone finally noticed that he commands every scene he is in. He doesn't even have to speak, but most everyone is watching him to see his reactions. Randy is very much like that. His mannerisms and facial expressions show his emotions almost better than words do. However, if you think back, many of his emotional discussions are held in shadows where you barely see his face, but his voice does the job.

Loving Westerns as I do, Randy and Joel are my favorites for 'B' movies of the late 40's, 50's and early 60's and the Duke is my choice for the 'A' list. There are others for non-westerns but given a choice between spies and cowboys, I'll take the cowboys every time.
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
JackFavell

Re: Colt .45 (1950)

Post by JackFavell »

I'm right with you as far as favorites.

I think what appeals most to people is that humor that Moira mentioned, and maybe a certain lack of pretention on Randy's part, he just seems honest about his feelings, whether he's playing a bad guy or good guy.