SSO blogs

Rule discussion, feature requests, what have you.
SSO Admins
Administrator

SSO blogs

Post by SSO Admins »

So we've had some interest in adding a blog feature to the site. I'm going to work on this over the next couple of weeks.

One important question: would we prefer a group blog, where several people can post to one blog (like Movie Morlocks), or would members prefer to have individual blogs?

Let me know what it is that we want to do so that I can implemement it properly.
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

I'd like to see individual blogs. The group blog would be very much like what we are already doing here. An individual blog would allow the blogger to be more expansive and develop his/her themes more fully.
cinemalover

Post by cinemalover »

Since I more or less write my thread as a blog I think that individual blogs would be wonderful, as long as they are still easy for others to comment on. Great idea on an already incredible site!
Chris

The only bad movie is no movie at all.
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Jon,

I think individual blogs are a great idea!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

I think that a Blog, whether personal or a group type or both, would be an interesting new offshoot in our development.
SSO Admins
Administrator

Post by SSO Admins »

I hope everyone will show some patience with me while I implement this. I've settled on a package called b2evolution, which will allow for individual blogs.

Even better, there will be a special aggregate blog that will pull the posts from all the individual blogs and display them on one page, like a group blog. Essentially, we're getting both.

It's going to take me some time before I'm ready to go live with this, but it's in development, and hopefully it won't take too long.
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Jondaris:

I'm caught between this thread and the 'TCM Message Boards' one under General Discussion, so rather than repeating myself, please scoot over there and see my response to you.

Thanks

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
sugarpuss

Post by sugarpuss »

Jon, I like the idea of having system that gives you the individual blogs, and a summary of them as well. That's fantastic. I hope it's not too much trouble to get it started, but I'm all for this!

I like the message boards, but at heart, I've always been more of a journal/blogging type person. It's easier for me to express myself that way.
"Some of the best parts of life are frivolous." - Arthur Kennedy in A Summer Place
-----
The Roadshow Version: A Modern Take on Classic Movies