How do you post short links?

Rule discussion, feature requests, what have you.
knitwit45

How do you post short links?

Post by knitwit45 »

My apologies to Moira, I know she has explained this to me, but I can't find the message.

How do you insert a short description into a link, so only the description shows up?
Professional Tourist

Re: How do you post short links?

Post by Professional Tourist »

knitwit45 wrote:How do you insert a short description into a link, so only the description shows up?
That would be an embedded link, such as the following: click here to access AM's page at the IMDB.

1. Type the sentence
2. Highlight the word(s) you want to contain the embedded link
3. Click the URL button, which will insert opening and closing URL tags before and after the highlighted text, to make them a clickable link
4. After the opening URL insert an equal sign and paste in the address.

So following the example above, the code would look like this:

Please {url=http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001547/}click here{/url} to access AM's page at the IMDB.

[I replaced the square brackets with curly braces so the codes would be visible.]
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

so the click here, (the short word) is inserted just before the last url in brackets, right. Thanks, PT. It's embarrassing how many times things have to be explained to me anymore. :oops: :oops: ..having an actual post will be so much easier to re-read...again, thanks!
just edited my link to a funny video, had to study your directions :roll: :roll: :oops: :oops: :roll: :roll:, but I think I got it!!!
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Thanks for making this thread! I've always wanted to know how to do this.