What should I rent?

News and Upcoming Releases
SSO Admins
Administrator

What should I rent?

Post by SSO Admins »

I just reactivated my NetFlix subscription after having it on hold for several months, and my queue is pitifully thin.

What should I rent?
benwhowell

Shock treatment...

Post by benwhowell »

Are you interested in an avant-garde surrealistic double feature?
If so, I suggest-
Dusan Makavejev's "Sweet Movie" from '74 and last year's "Inland Empire" from David Lynch-
[youtube][/youtube]
Handsome Johnny Eck
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Jon:

The thing I really get the as much use as movies on my Netflix list is TV and documentaries. With one of my favorites, Helen Mirren, winning an Emmy the other night you might check out "Prime Suspect." There are six from which to choose. (Only applies if you like Helen Mirren.)

How's that for the opposite of Ben's suggestion?
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
benwhowell

Shock treatment redux...

Post by benwhowell »

Unless you'd like Helen Mirren in something "completely different!"
If so, check out "Shadowboxer" from 2005. She plays an assassin who raises her step-son (Cuba Gooding, JR.) to be her partner in crime AND her lover! Lots of sex and violence in this "arty" flic.
Handsome Johnny Eck
pktrekgirl
Administrator

Post by pktrekgirl »

Well, there are several silents & precodes which have come out on DVD recently...or will in the near future. Not sure if you are planning on outright purchasing them...but if not, they will be worth a rental.

A Cottage on Dartmoor is coming out 10/2.

Out already are Alibi (not sure if you'll want this one cus it features Chester Morris), The Lottery Bride, Be Yourself, and She.

The Sea Beast, The Raven, and Little Church Around the Corner are all coming out soon. As is a Barbara Stanwyck set and a Burt Lancaster set which you might be interested in renting films from.

And if all else fails, there is always......FIREFLY!!!!! :P It's Joss - you'll love it! :p
My wife said she'd help young people, ... That's what I'd do. Help young people, then buy a big motor home and get out of town.
~ Gary Cooper