Females in Westerns

Western Guy

Re: Females in Westerns

Post by Western Guy »

Gorgeous Audrey Totter clad in fetching leather pants standing up against Joan Leslie in the little-seen THE WOMAN THEY ALMOST LYNCHED.

Dig that saloon catfight between the two.
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Gosh, I'm glad everyone is digging a little deeper into westerns here. Lots of good recommendations. I bet Audrey was a knockout.

I really love Myrna Dell in Roughshod, she's a bad girl, but you end up liking her anyway. And she puts up one heck of a fight at the end.
Maricatrin

Post by Maricatrin »

JackFavell wrote:Oh my god, I have to see this film. I am going on a Marie Windsor movie hunt after this.
I don't think it's on DVD, but it's available from Netflix streaming. I think Encore Westerns used to show it a lot too.

Bill Elliott was a big fan of William S. Hart and whenever he got the chance in his films, tried to recreate the "good-badman" roles Hart often played. In Hellfire he's a crooked gambler whose life is saved by an upright preacher. The preacher dies while doing so, however, and Elliott feels obligated to finish the dead man's mission of collecting enough money to finish building his church. Marie Windor is a notorious female outlaw with a hefty reward out on her. The now-reformed Elliott tries to reform her, and convince her to turn herself in so he can collect the reward money for the church fund... but things don't exactly go smoothly.
Western Guy wrote:Gorgeous Audrey Totter clad in fetching leather pants standing up against Joan Leslie in the little-seen THE WOMAN THEY ALMOST LYNCHED.

Dig that saloon catfight between the two.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8ptuh ... L-tp4aGC7o
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaricatrinsMusicVideos
Western Guy

Post by Western Guy »

Great scene! Who coulda thunk sweet Joan Leslie could be so tough -- although she did display some of that spitfire attitude in HIGH SIERRA, when she so ungratefully gives Bogie the kick out the door.
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Thanks, I'll be watching Hellfire soon.