scary movie

melwalton

horror

Post by melwalton »

Hi Bkln. I see we agree on several items here, Hey, you have good taste. Seriously, I was glad to see your post. I love discussions and hearing what others think, It's so very interesting.
As for what's her name, I mean ugh ( how did she get into this conversation? ). I never thought of her as being pretty, I mean pretty like say Dorothy Lee or Cecelia Parker but, I thought her a great actress.
About 15, maybe 20 years ago, 'Guys and Dolls' was revived on B'way. I didn't see it live but it was taped and I saw part of it on TV. It was wonderful, so much better than the movie. MO, of course. Peter Gallagher and Josie de Guzman played the leads. Faith Prince played Adelade.It had three very good Loessor songs that were left out of the movie, 'Marry the Man, Today', 'I've never Been in Love, Before' and 'My Time of Day', de Guzman sang 'If I were a Bell' I never heard anything better. Of course, Goldwyn wanted names for the movie, understandable because names sell tickets,
It would be great if you would make a list of your favorite performances cheers mel
Mr. Arkadin

Post by Mr. Arkadin »

Melwalton, Steiger is a personal favorite of mine. Some films you might check out if you haven't seen them yet:

The Pawnbroker (1965)
Al Capone (1959)
The Loved One (1965)
Cry Terror (1958)
The Big Knife (1955)
The Harder they Fall (1956)
Jubal (1956)
Back from Eternity (1955)
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

Mel, it would take some time and thought to narrow down my favorites, and that would be a list somewhat different from those performances I think are the best. And then it would all change and I'd have a completely new list of bests and favorites.

Here are some of the ones I never stop liking and who I'm always glad to see:

Katharine Hepburn
Laurel & Hardy
Sabu
Thelma Ritter
Danny Kaye
Bugs Bunny
Jeff Chandler
Jeffrey Hunter
Claudette Colbert

Oops! I forgot my former doppelganger, Ina Balin.

We are really getting off the Sci Fi topic here, so I'll stop.
traceyk

Post by traceyk »

Bravo did the 100 scariest movie moments last night. I think they've done it before, maybe?

Anyhow, number one was "Jaws". I don't know about that. I mean, it was a good movie, but the scariest?

They did include some old movies, like "The Haunting" (which surprisingly, was very scary) "Freaks" "Frankenstien" (1931) the original "Cape Fear" and so on.

My first scary movie was there--"Psycho" and my vote for scariest movie, "When a Stranger Calls." Saw it when babysitting was my main $$ and I used to babysit for a rich family with a big house and multiple phone lines...brrr.
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. "~~Wilde