April 2024 Schedule Posted, Marlon Brando is SOTM

Discussion of programming on TCM.
Hibi

Re: April 2024 Schedule Posted, Marlon Brando is SOTM

Post by Hibi »

Swithin wrote: February 18th, 2024, 10:13 pm It's interesting that they're having back-to-back tributes to Sidney Blacker and Ruth Gordon on April 11, but they're not showing Rosemary's Baby, as far as I can tell.

That's a shame! I'm not sure TCM has ever shown Rosemary's Baby. If they did, it was many, many years ago.
Bronxgirl48

Post by Bronxgirl48 »

The greatest performance of Sidney's career is in ROSEMARY'S BABY.

For those of you who have the Flix channel, the movie has been on rotation for over a year now. (they're the one who also has been showing JAGGED EDGE)
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

Sadly, I don't. :(
cmovieviewer

Post by cmovieviewer »

TCM has updated the schedule to indicate they will be showing the extended 'Redux' version of Apocalypse Now at 8 PM on the 24th, which has a run time of something like 202 minutes. This has pushed back the start time of The Men (1950) to 11:30 PM.
Apocaplypse Now Redux is something of a premiere for TCM, as in the past they have always shown the shorter version.
jimimac71

Post by jimimac71 »

Nope! Did not watch The God Father last night.
Radar from M*A*SH would say horses are people too, ya know.
CinemaInternational

Post by CinemaInternational »

Hibi wrote: April 10th, 2024, 2:41 pm
Swithin wrote: February 18th, 2024, 10:13 pm It's interesting that they're having back-to-back tributes to Sidney Blacker and Ruth Gordon on April 11, but they're not showing Rosemary's Baby, as far as I can tell.

That's a shame! I'm not sure TCM has ever shown Rosemary's Baby. If they did, it was many, many years ago.
According to an archived form of MovieCollectorOH's database (from last year), Rosemary's Baby has not aired on TCM since 2002.
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

YEP! I seem to remember seeing it on tv since it was released and it must've been TCM. I knew it had to be a long time ago. Such a shame.
txfilmfan

Post by txfilmfan »

It's been on Sundance, AMC and BBC America lately (with ads), along with on-demand copies on MGM+ and YouTube Movies. I DVR'ed it off Showtime when they had a free week offer some time ago, and my DVR still picks up copies from various networks. The ad networks have about 45 mines of ads, based on the running time of 3 hours (vs. 2:15 or 2:16 otherwise).

The first 3 are all part of the AMC family in one way or another. And MGM+ was partly owned by Paramount before Amazon bought them out, so maybe they are playing off some residual rights to Paramount properties.
skimpole

Post by skimpole »

I know it doesn't have many fans, but it's a pity that as part of its Brando tribute TCM isn't showing A Countess from Hong Kong. It's hard to believe it would be the worst Brando film shown this month.
Last edited by skimpole on April 16th, 2024, 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

txfilmfan wrote: April 11th, 2024, 4:35 pm It's been on Sundance, AMC and BBC America lately (with ads), along with on-demand copies on MGM+ and YouTube Movies. I DVR'ed it off Showtime when they had a free week offer some time ago, and my DVR still picks up copies from various networks. The ad networks have about 45 mines of ads, based on the running time of 3 hours (vs. 2:15 or 2:16 otherwise).

The first 3 are all part of the AMC family in one way or another. And MGM+ was partly owned by Paramount before Amazon bought them out, so maybe they are playing off some residual rights to Paramount properties.
I stopped watching Sundance years ago after it went downhill. That's good to know.
txfilmfan

Post by txfilmfan »

Hibi wrote: April 16th, 2024, 9:30 am
txfilmfan wrote: April 11th, 2024, 4:35 pm It's been on Sundance, AMC and BBC America lately (with ads), along with on-demand copies on MGM+ and YouTube Movies. I DVR'ed it off Showtime when they had a free week offer some time ago, and my DVR still picks up copies from various networks. The ad networks have about 45 mines of ads, based on the running time of 3 hours (vs. 2:15 or 2:16 otherwise).

I stopped watching Sundance years ago after it went downhill. That's good to know.
I think it went downhill when AMC was brought in. Same thing happened to BBC America.
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

txfilmfan wrote: April 16th, 2024, 10:16 am
Hibi wrote: April 16th, 2024, 9:30 am

I think it went downhill when AMC was brought in. Same thing happened to BBC America.
LOL. It's like mold.......
jimimac71

Post by jimimac71 »

The Great Race was just on April 7th.
It is on now.
Why?
cmovieviewer

Post by cmovieviewer »

jimimac71 wrote: April 16th, 2024, 11:45 am The Great Race was just on April 7th.
It is on now.
Why?
The first showing this month was for a Tony Curtis theme, today's theme is the 100th birthday of Henry Mancini, who did the score.

The one I've noticed is Singin' in the Rain, which has already been shown on TCM 5 times this year. This month it was double-dipped for the MGM 100th anniversary and the Stanley Donen 100th birthday themes.
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

jimimac71 wrote: April 16th, 2024, 11:45 am The Great Race was just on April 7th.
It is on now.
Why?
Because they can. How often is Desk Set on? Monthly it seems.