Stupid wins at the Garden!

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
klondike

Stupid wins at the Garden!

Post by klondike »

Just watching the Westminster Dog Show (as I do every year) and already a meat-headed judge has ruined the Hounds Group competition!
No way should the 15" Beagle have taken the blue! His locomotion was awful! :x
First place should have gone to either the Borzoi or the Otterhound!
:?
Better get their act together before they get to the Working Group!!!!
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Calm down Klonny:

I don't see how half of those ribbons are given out. Even someone like me can often see how one dog shines all over some of the others.

BTW: I have strict instructions: "Grandma, all I want for my birthday next month is Snow Buddies, please, please, please How's that for making it easy on me?

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

Obviously, it was political. :wink:

The NY Times has a story today saying it's about time a beagle won Best in Show. The beagle lobby is mighty effective.

And how about that other meathead Lester Holt (he of the perpetual grin), who is playing Joe Garagiola this year, asking dumb questions and displaying general ignorance about dogs, I suppose to make what they think must be the Joe Sixpack audience feel better. Why bother? After seeing Fred Willard in Best in Show, we know there isn't anyone who can do it better. Why didn't they just hire Willard?

Phooey. I miss Ron Reagan.
klondike

Post by klondike »

mrsl wrote:Calm down Klonny:

I don't see how half of those ribbons are given out. Even someone like me can often see how one dog shines all over some of the others.

Anne
Well, Anne, the way they're supposed to be awarded is based on a fairly simple & direct formula:

1) exemplary adherence to that particular dog's Official Breed Standard

2) visible evidence of health & obedience.

- and typically, show judges (especially at the rarified altitude of shows like Westminster & Crufts) are generally recognized to be the most elite practitoners of evaluating superiority among competing canines.
How, then, did that sweet young 15" beagle with the misgroomed tail, and an obvious yeast infection (or mite infestation) in one or both ears, who could not stop crabbing & milling on his handler, ever win out over those other more deserving Hounds?!

Anyway, as for that birthday comin' up, I'll second your startegy; my grandchildren (from 10 years to 6 mos. & still more arriving) have taught me that resistance is futile.

P.S: My calls were dead-on perfect for the Terrier Group though: I picked the Sealyham for First Place, and the Smooth Fox for either 3rd or 4th (4th it was). :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: