Helen Shapiro, an underrrated UK singing star

stuart.uk

Helen Shapiro, an underrrated UK singing star

Post by stuart.uk »

Helen Shapiro, a Michelle Lee look a like, was a huge teenage star in the early 60s, starting out at 14 and her recording pk over by the time she was 20. her biggest hit was Walking Back To Happiness and she also sang the Elvis song Fever.

one of her claims to fame in this period was she starred in a concert tour with an up and coming band called The Beatles as her supporting act (on you tube there's a song from the show Ready Steady Go where she sings Look Who It Is with John, George and Ringo supporting.

she also made some movies, Its Trad Dad and Play It Cool. Helen also acted in the failed soap opera Albion Market in the 1980s. on stage i'm pretty sure she played Rosemarry in How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying, a role Michelle Lee played on film.

it's pity as far as i'm concerned that Helen was ten times the performer later on in life than what she was at the height of the fame. on a This Is Your Life program music critic Benny Green said she was the most underrated female singer in the UK. In the 80s like Rosie Clooney in the U.S, she was one of the best jazz singers in the world, plus the fact she was an increbibly beautiful woman. Here's two links. i wish i could show better ones as they're early in her career. however, i hope you still enjoy them.

YouTube - HELEN SHAPIRO - YOU DON'T KNOW
HELEN SHAPIRO SINGING "YOU DONT KNOW". ... Filter videos that may not be suitable for minors Note: some videos not suitable for minors may still appear in search results.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I2cG-ed6hw · Cached page
YouTube - HELEN SHAPIRO - 2 SONG MEDLEY
2 short songs from helen. dont treat me like a child. plus a live version of her singing "you dont know". clip is from this is your life.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUq56642R0g · Cached page
Show more results from www.youtube.com
stuart.uk

Post by stuart.uk »

i can't find conformation that Helen starred in How To Succeed In Buisness Without Really Trying, even though there was a West End production in 1963. however, on stage, she played Nancy in Oliver and was in Caberet. like other 60s girl singers Lulu and Cilla Black, she played principle boy in a number of Pantos