"The Middleman" (new TV series)

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
egolden

"The Middleman" (new TV series)

Post by egolden »

Has anyone watched this? The NY Times gave it a terrific review, so I gave the first two episodes a try last night. It's a cute X-Files parody, trying to be Pushing Daisies/Moonlighting/Ghostbusters . . . Two secret agents overthrowing comic-book villains.

The script isn't bad, but I simply cannot get past the female lead, played by one Natalie Morales. Not only can't she act (she is totally affectless, in a role that calls for a Joan Blondell type), but she can't enunciate. Her diction is so bad I lost half of her lines.

Has anyone else seen the show, or Natalie Morales, and if so can you explain why this girl gets cast?
Hollis

Post by Hollis »

Good evening,

I can't remember the last time I watched network TV with any regularity. The increasingly annoying and overly abundant commercials chased me away. But if Ms Morales is an attractive young woman, that might be the very reason she was cast. Especially if the casting director was a a man. We've been known (on rare occasions) to allow a woman's physical attributes to influence our decisions!

As always,

Hollis