What is your favorite TV theme song/opening credit sequence?

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
Mr. O'Brady

Post by Mr. O'Brady »

Speaking of condensing, after ten years of avoiding it, I finally starting watching my beloved Seinfeld reruns on TBS. I don't notice any scenes or credits cut, but it looks like they remove individual frames to speed up the action. Or my vision is getting really blurry.
traceyk

Post by traceyk »

I've always been partial to Gilligan's Island and Spiderman.

"Spiderman, spiderman, does whatever a spider can..."

The Wonder Years with Joe Cocker's cover of A Little Help From My Friends
Theme music from Stargate: SG1 (My husband always FF thru it and I love it)
Night Court theme
Movin on Up--The Jeffersons

While we're on the subject, how about awful themes? Anyone got any that just make you go "Urrgghh?"
Like Charles in Charge or maybe the theme from Maude?
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. "~~Wilde
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

traceyk wrote:
While we're on the subject, how about awful themes? Anyone got any that just make you go "Urrgghh?"
Like Charles in Charge or maybe the theme from Maude?
Good Times-- raucus and mindless, like the show.

I always liked the themes of Hill Street Blues and St. Elsewhere.

Does anyone remember the jaunty little tune that opened Mr. Peepers? That's one that, once heard, is very hard to get out of one's head. I think it was played by recorders, or ocarinas. I barely remember the show at all, I was really young, but the bouncy theme has stayed with me all these years. Once Tony Randall "sang" it on The Tonight Show (Boop boop BOOP boop boop, etc.) [He was one of the co-stars on Mr. Peepers]. That set me going for another 30 years of hearing it in my head.

Then of course there's the theme song from the first Smothers Brothers Show (a short-lived sitcom). I think I already posted the words to that masterpiece the last time we discussed theme songs (maybe it was on the TCM board, I don't remember).