Difficulty Accessing Site

Rule discussion, feature requests, what have you.
nightwalker

Re: Difficulty Accessing Site

Post by nightwalker »

As most of you are undoubtedly aware, I don't post here (or anywhere) often, but I do visit frequently, so you can imagine my feelings when I kept being directed to a site offering "silver screens" for sale. What a relief to be able to get back to the Oasis (and what an appropriate name).

Best regards, Nightwalker.
Birdy

Post by Birdy »

WOW!!!

I thought you were all gone forever.
I was all tragicked out and I took it very personally.
It's a good thing you all showed back up!
Seriously, I missed you and even re-registered at TCM, since I can't get my old name to work anymore (new email and it won't accept it). I was that desperate.

Life without my classic movie friends just isn't worth living.
But now we're back together, cigarette me!
B
TikiSoo

Post by TikiSoo »

Just to let the mods know.....I'm on a Mac and use Safari as my browser. Whenever I tried logging in between May 14-19, I'd be redirected to a site selling silver jewelry. When I press the "back button", it takes me there still.

Can anyone explain what the heck is going on here? It happened simultaniously with TCM boards problem. I'm afraid to "delete all board cookies" in case I can never come back here. Unless reassured it's ok to do.
Thanks mods!
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Everyone experienced that problem. The board was down for about a week. All that was wrong is fixed now. Glad you are still here. Post away!
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

SHAZAM!! It's good to be back home! THANK YOU JON :D and Moira, and Lynn, and Chris, and Klonnie
Ollie

Post by Ollie »

Thank You!!!
feaito

Post by feaito »

THANK YOU!!!! :D :D :D
Mr. Arkadin

Post by Mr. Arkadin »

Thanks again for the hard work and toil to keep the site running. A week checking my other websites has made me appreciate this board more dearly (not that I didn't already! :P ).
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

YIPPEE YIPPEE YIPPEE

I'm so glad to be home.

Mr Arkadin I couldn't agree more, what we've got here is the BEST.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
Ann Harding

Post by Ann Harding »

Wonderful to see that the site is back and running! :D Thanks to everybody for all the hard work to make it run again. :wink:
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

My thanks to each of our members for their continued interest in this site and particularly to Jon for his technical help over the past weeks. I really appreciate your help.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

I just want to say the biggest THANK YOU to the admins here for your above and beyond service during the technical difficulties. I have seen a HUGE difference in the way websites handle these problems and I can honestly say that you folks did an outstanding job getting things up and going again, and helping everyone to stay calm and secure. It makes such a difference when administrators care about their site and their members. Many, many thanks to you again.
SSO Admins
Administrator

Post by SSO Admins »

As most of you are aware, this has been an incredibly difficult month here at the Oasis. In fact, we came close to losing all posts since the version 3.0 upgrade.

We are taking some steps to ensure that we can restore the site in the event of another breakdown.

Thanks to all of you for your patience.
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Now, see? That is the difference. Here, things are explained to us in a forthright and direct manner. I gotta tell you, I really appreciate it.
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

JackFavell wrote:Now, see? That is the difference. Here, things are explained to us in a forthright and direct manner. I gotta tell you, I really appreciate it.
I'll say. TCM city is being ripped off by whatever incompetent web team they hired and the biggest losers are the members.
"There's only one thing that can kill the movies, and that's education."
-- Will Rogers