NCIS

mrsl

NCIS

Post by mrsl »

.NCIS - Los Angeles

I know it's not a movie, but a TV show and should be in the TV and media thread, but I wanted to try and make sure people saw this. I LOVE this show. About a year ago, I did not know who Chris O'Donnell was, and I think it was Klondike who informed me. Since then, I've seen several of his movies and he's standing out from the rest of the crowd now. However, my point is, his cohesion with LLCool J makes one of the best 'buddy' duo's since Mel Gibson and Danny (forgot his name, sorry).

I Feel so bad for him not knowing anything about himself, and having a name of only 'G'. Linda Hunt is marvelous. That girl is gorgeous. The geeks are just window dressing. But the two guys, Chris and LL (whatever you call him), seem to finish each others remarks off the script. I don't think I've ever missed an episode of NCIS, and doubted this one could hold up, but I'm sure it will, and I just hope the producers agree. As for NCIS, if DiNozzo doesn't grow up, I hope Tim figures out something to teach him a good lesson. All these years of his nasty little zings are starting to wear thin, and Tim is becoming pretty buff himself, in fact I think his build is better than Tony's right now, and I'm looking forward to more stories with him in the lead than Tony.

Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
Lzcutter
Administrator

Re: NCIS - Los Angeles

Post by Lzcutter »

As for NCIS, if DiNozzo doesn't grow up, I hope Tim figures out something to teach him a good lesson. All these years of his nasty little zings are starting to wear thin, and Tim is becoming pretty buff himself, in fact I think his build is better than Tony's right now, and I'm looking forward to more stories with him in the lead than Tony.
Anne,

I totally agree about Tony this season. His zingers are falling flat and after all these years, they are wearing very thin. In McGee's defense, he does seem to be teaming up with Ziva more to antagonize Tony and that is good to see. I like to see them pushing back at him instead of feeling like they have to suck it up because he's been there longer.

As for NCIS: Los Angeles, the show is turning out to be much better than the pilot. I think part of that is because
a) They brought in Linda Hunt who is just great.
b) The chemistry between O'Donnell and LL. You are right, they have that same sort of easy going spirit that Mel Gibson and Danny Glover had in Lethal Weapon.

The female agent reminds me of a cross between Jamie Gertz and Mika, the female lead on Warehouse 13. I haven''t warmed up to her character at all.

I do like Dom, the probie of the team and I like the computer whiz guy (the surfer who wears shorts). The psychiatrist guy doesn't have enough to do.

Are you watching The Mentalist?
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

mrsl

Post by mrsl »

I haven't missed a Mentalist episode yet. Also, I haven't warmed up to the female on NCIS, LA either, just enough to see that she is a beautiful girl.

I long ago admitted that I enjoy off the wall shows like Eureka, Medium, and Ghost Whisperer, but there is one thing I don't understand about some of them. Medium actually draws a paycheck from the D.A.'s office, Jane is invited to join the group when they go to investigate a new case, and a couple others who work closely with the police or FBI, CIA, etc., yet when the 'seer, or medium' suggests a pattern, or an idea, they are always dismissed until they prove their point. This irritates me, they're asked to join in, then slapped in the face for their contributions.
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
markfp

Post by markfp »

For whatever reason neither my wife or I had ever seen an episode of NCIS. I think it was over Labor Day weekend that USA was running an NCIS marathon. Well, for lack of anything else to watch she started and within an episode got hooked. Then she got me watching and I got hooked. Ever since, we've been watching all the reruns and the new shows. All the characters are great.

As for NCIS-LOS ANGELES, we're hooked on that too. I don't think that the chemistry between the characters is as strong as the original yet, but it's only been a few episodes so I think that will develop in time. The quality of both series is superb.
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Mark,

I understand completely about getting hooked. My dad turned me on to NCIS in 2006 and we used to watch it together when I was up in Vegas.

I came home to LA and just kept watching.

Thanks to USA, Sleuth and ION channels this year, I've managed to see all the episodes before I became hooked. The only exception is the elusive second episode featuring Ari. I've seen the episode where he first infiltrates the morgue and I've see the arc with him. But there is a critical episode in between I'm told that highlights more his relationship with Kate.

Hoping to catch that one someday soon.
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Mark:

There are frequent marathons. Be careful too many of them will get you burned out - no matter how much fun they are.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Hey Chris and/or Anne,

You don't by chance happen to know the title of the second episode with Ari, do you?
Lynn in Lake Balboa

movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

According to imdb. com it is "Reveille." He was in 5 total.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0553020/

This is a page for Rudolf Martin who played Ari.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."