You Tube

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
benwhowell

Post by benwhowell »

Thanks, Mr. Arkadin!
That was far out, man! A great friday song.
I wish I had that saxophonist's shirt. :)
Sesame Street is one phenomenal show. Isn't it still on the air?
I think that may have been a little boy on the fire escape(?)
That reminds me of pleading with my mother (in the early '70's) to let me grow my hair long. It came out thick and curly. I was a chubby kid with a round, baby face and dimples. People were always mistaking me for a girl...
pktrekgirl
Administrator

Post by pktrekgirl »

Sue Sue Applegate wrote:Well, if you love DS9, take a look at this, which was made by one of my posters in the DS9 forum at TrekBBS:

Did you notice the gal in the purple has a hat that looks just like the Sydney Opera house?
That is Louise Fletcher! And yes...if you watch this show, you will see ALOT of that hat. ;)
pktrekgirl
Administrator

Post by pktrekgirl »

jdb1 wrote: You get no argument from me. Fantastic compilations - they really capture the essence of the show.

I heartily agree with the quote given in the first entry "The best show on television that no one noticed." I just love DS9 to pieces. The cast got better and better every season. IMO they gave us the very best ensemble acting on any TV show. Ever. (And I've been watching TV since the days of the DuMont network, folks.)

I love it to - it's my favorite TV show ever.

Another scifi show, Babylon 5, which was in direct competition with DS9 while they were on, is actually my second favorite show ever.

Such wonderful shows.

And I agree with you about the ensemble cast on DS9. They DID get better and better - not a weak link among them.

And the recurring cast was excellent as well - Andrew Robinson, Casey Biggs, Louise Fletcher, Mark Alaimo, Salome Jens, Jeffrey Coombs, James Darren, Chase Masterson, etc.....all of them fabulous.

And the writers! All of the DS9 writers are busy now...while alot of the writers from the other series are not doing anything.

Ira Behr and Rene Echevarria are running THE 4400.

Ron Moore is running BATTLESTAR GALACTICA and has David Weddle and Bradley Thompson with him.

Robert Hewitt Wolfe and Hans Beimler are running THE DRESDEN FILES.

Not bad, huh?

And I think it says alot that the DS9 writers have stuck together like this, and are still working with each other, long after DS9 was a wrap.
Sue Sue Applegate
Administrator

RE: Louise Fletcher

Post by Sue Sue Applegate »

Wow! I think I need to start watching this show once in a while.
This is an interesting thread.
Blog: http://suesueapplegate.wordpress.com/
Twitter:@suesueapplegate
TCM Message Boards: http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/ ... ue-sue-ii/
Sue Sue : https://www.facebook.com/groups/611323215621862/
Thelma Ritter: Hollywood's Favorite New Yorker, University Press of Mississippi-2023
Avatar: Ginger Rogers, The Major and The Minor
Mr. Arkadin

Post by Mr. Arkadin »

benwhowell wrote:Thanks, Mr. Arkadin!
That was far out, man! A great friday song.
I wish I had that saxophonist's shirt. :)
Sesame Street is one phenomenal show. Isn't it still on the air?
I think that may have been a little boy on the fire escape(?)
That reminds me of pleading with my mother (in the early '70's) to let me grow my hair long. It came out thick and curly. I was a chubby kid with a round, baby face and dimples. People were always mistaking me for a girl...
My hair was long from the time I was fifteen till about 27. When my wife and I would shop people would often say "Well ladies, oh excuse me sir!" :lol:

Sesame Street is still around and they had lots of funny bits on that show. I never thought it was just for children:

My wife was a rural route carrier for the Post office for years. This was her fave:

She hated people like that (but we both love the Count)!
pktrekgirl
Administrator

Re: RE: Louise Fletcher

Post by pktrekgirl »

Sue Sue Applegate wrote:Wow! I think I need to start watching this show once in a while.
This is an interesting thread.

YouTube is not a show, Sue Sue. ;)

It's a website where people post videos.

I wouldn't want you to go looking through your cable guide and not find it..... ;)

Or are you talking about DS9 or one of the other shows mentioned?

I'm a bit confused.....
traceyk

Post by traceyk »

"The Dresden Files"

Love this series. I read a couple of the books a few years back and then couldn't find any more until the show came out. Now, thet're all over the place.

SciFi channel is what my uber-geek (I'm only like a demi-geek lol) husband watches all the time. The series are good--SG1, Heroes, Dresden--but the SciFi original movies! Yikes. Are they trying to pay hmage to those old 50's horror films with the bad effects and acting?

Tracey
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. "~~Wilde