Why I prefer SSO over TCM

Discussion of programming on TCM.
pktrekgirl
Administrator

Post by pktrekgirl »

Hi Larry,

Yeah...I have never posted at the IMDb board. Sounds like I would never want to, either.

My rule of thumb with film stars is this: if I am a true fan of a star, I would think that I would like to remember them as they would have LIKED to have been remembered. Not spending my time digging up a bunch of dirt on them that would have them rolling over in their graves if they knew about the emphasis placed on it.
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

I agree with pktrekgirl. If you really want to learn, expand your interests and have a laugh once in a while this is the place. I learn plenty and look forward to learning. I look for suggestions or will watch something based on comments. I really like the people here. In fact I worry if someone hasn't posted in a couple of weeks especially if they were quite regular. ( i.e. Hollis, etc.)

I still go to TCM primarily for the "Shorts" schedule and some topics. I do like to help when I can (just as several of you did for me.) There are still a few posters there worth the time. (They haven't quite made this their home yet.)

Anyway, thanks for letting me play in your yard.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."