London - Royal Festival Hall - The Gold Rush

knitwit45

Re: London - Royal Festival Hall - The Gold Rush

Post by knitwit45 »

Thanks so much Anne, for sharing this incredible afternoon with us. Describing some of the sound effects made it come alive for me. Paris. Early Spring. Carl Davis. What an adventure!!!
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

It sounds wonderful, I wished I could have been there. I'm so glad you enjoyed it.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

You described that brilliantly, AnnHarding! I am so jealous, yet maybe there is some hope of a separate dvd, or a tour I can actually go see sometime. I love the Immigrant it was the first Chaplin film I actually owned 0 a super8 version.
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

charliechaplinfan wrote:It sounds wonderful, I wished I could have been there. I'm so glad you enjoyed it.
charliechaplinfan - directed me to this thread - man (being a Chaplin fan of which I am) - I wished I gone this event. From reading all the posts here ... it must been some event. I love The Gold Rush ... I seen the silent version over 50 times in my life and this always warms my heart. Thank you for re-directing it. I really mean it.

Charlie Chaplin - Is one great Entertainer.
Ann Harding

Post by Ann Harding »

JackFavell wrote:You described that brilliantly, AnnHarding! I am so jealous, yet maybe there is some hope of a separate dvd, or a tour I can actually go see sometime. I love the Immigrant it was the first Chaplin film I actually owned 0 a super8 version.
When I asked Carl is there was a chance of a DVD with his music, he said there was no plan to record it, alas. I guess if the Criterion edition of Gold Rush offers the 1925 version as supplement,it might be again with a piano...
I enjoyed the afternoon so much that I wished Carl Davis will come back soon to Paris for another concert!
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Dang! It's a shame he isn't going to record it. :cry: :cry: :cry: