Paul Fix - The Rifleman

ken123

Paul Fix - The Rifleman

Post by ken123 »

The series and Mr. Fix, real name Paul Fix Morrison, is getting a great deal of discussen at the other site. He was also a John Wayne regular and was the father in law of Harry " Dobie " Carey, jr, also a Wayne - Ford regular, Carey and his wife celebtarted 65 years of marraige a few months back :D . Fix was a semi Ford regular until the filmShe Wore a Yellow Ribbon, Fix played an Indian helping the white gun runners, where I believe they had a falling out, Ford was famous for this. Some years back I was doing a check on Wayne - Fix collaborations, including very low " B's ", I believe the count came to over 30. :D
mrsl

Re: Paul Fix - The Rifleman

Post by mrsl »

Having seen most of Wayne's 'C' movies as I call them (pre-1935). I can attest to the fact that Paul Fix and the Duke worked quite a lot together. However, if there was some kind of break between Fix and Ford, it didn't hurt Paul's income very much. His filmography goes on and on. My finger got tired from pushing the scroll button. He was always the kindly Doc, judge, or sheriff in later years, but he started out as an outlaw in most cases. Like Harry Carey, Sr., he just went on and on giving fine performances, no matter how large or small. He was the father in law to Harry Carey, Jr. and always a friend to the star of the show or movie. At one time, I mixed him up with Harry Carey Sr., until I realized Paul's voice is much gruffer and deep. When he is on screen he tends to take over the scene with no thought to it except he is just that good that he is the one you watch in a crowd.
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
klondike

Post by klondike »

ken123 wrote:The series and Mr. Fix, real name Paul Fix Morrison . .
Ken, what's the source of your info?
His biography on the Internet Movie Database (IMDb) contradicts it:
Paul Fix, the well-known movie and TV character actor who played "Marshal Michah Torrance" on the TV series "The Rifleman" (1958), was born Peter Paul Fix on March 13, 1901 in Dobbs Ferry, New York to brew-master Wilhelm Fix and his wife, the former Louise C. Walz. His mother and father were German immigrants who had left their Black Forest home and arrived in New York City in the 1870s. (The name "Fix" is of Latin/Germanic origin, and is derived from St. Vitus and means "animated" or "vital".)
ken123

Post by ken123 »

Halliwells Filmgoer Companion in regard to his name being Paul Fix Morrison.
mongoII

Post by mongoII »

Always liked the performances of Paul Fix in "The High and the Mighty" and "The Bad Seed", among others. Mr. Fix was quite a character actor.
Joseph Goodheart
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

A wonderful type! Like John Mcintyre and Harry Carey, his presence takes over a scene. I agree he's a lot like Carey. Ray Teal is another one like that. Not as gruff. But so unique and engaging you can't look away. He, also, can be spotted in many a western setting!
pvitari

Post by pvitari »

Paul Fix in 1929 in Frank Borzage's Lucky Star.