Saddle Tramp - 1950

mrsl

Saddle Tramp - 1950

Post by mrsl »

Movieman 1957 and I both commented on this movie back in July when it first came on the Encore station but I watched it in full the other day with no interruptions (like the first time), and found it to be a lot more fun than I thought the first time around. As movieman explained, Joel ends up with the sons of his friend who he had visited but died in an accident in bad weather. Taking the boys with him, he finds the man who had a job waiting for him hated kids and so he ends up leaving the kids in a camp just outside of the ranch property. Not long after they settle in, a girl comes along who is running away from her overbearing father who refuses to let her grow up, and she helps take care of the boys. I know I've seen Wanda Hendrix before but can't possibly tell you what movie she was in. She's a lovely girl, but nothing is very noteworthy to me which would cause me to remember her, like Rita and Lucy's red hair, or Margaret Sullavan's voice, etc. Also, I don't know who brings who, but again we have a real life married couple playing a reel life couple - Jeanette Nolan and John McIntyre. I love these two and they are so good together, you don't care if they're married or not. The movie also offers John Russell who I don't mind looking at for a while AT ALL. Another familiar face is Paul Picerni who I remember mainly from The Untouchables TV show. Tthe movie is one hour and 53 minutes long so if you have two hours to kill some time, you might record it for that time, because certainly not Oscar material, it is a pleasant and cute movie with Joel forever swearing he's headed to California when he gets rid of those kids (ha-ha-ha such an occurrence is pretty unlikely from the very start). It's also definitely a great movie for family movie night no matter what age your kids are.
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
movieman1957
Administrator

Re: Saddle Tramp - 1950

Post by movieman1957 »

imdb shows it at 90 minutes and I thought it was closer to 80-85. It is a pleasant enough film.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."