Olbermann

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
ken123

Olbermann

Post by ken123 »

Did anyone see Keith Olbermann's Program " Countdown " tonight on NBC, just before the NFL Pre - Season game ? :wink:
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

No Ken, why?

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
ken123

Post by ken123 »

mrsl wrote:No Ken, why?

Anne
I think NBC wants to test him in prime time for the network and not MSNBC only, and I was wondering how the members felt he had done. :wink:
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Olbermann has a long and terrific sports history. He was an ESPN anchor for a long time and helped create their feel. In his sports life he is very intelligent, a great scholar of sports history (particularly baseball) and generally a real kick to listen to. He can be wickedly funny. He is well suited (based on his experience) to host a pre-game show. (My apologies if you are already knew this.)

This is a good example, for me, of separating politics and performance (see thread in General Chat.) While I enjoy his sports work I have a hard time watching his MSNBC work.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Chris (Movieman):

You've lost me here. I looked up your thread on General Chat and find the clips you chose were perfect to define the singular stupidity that was going on that particular week.

I might have missed something, or seen the wrong thread, but I got the impression you admired Keith as a news reporter.

Anne
Anne

movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

I think I missed the boat. I saw NFL pre-season in Ken's comment and I thought he meant he was working a football game. I think he would be suited for that job.

I don't remember posting anything about Keith. Ken had a few clips and maybe Dewey posted a clip or two but not me.

I'm sorry I got everything confused.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

My mistake, not yours Chris. I go on the General Chat as little as possible because every time I do, I end up cussing and yelling at my computer - like it ties itself up forever!!! And the shame of it is, when the thread first started, I loved it. When I do go on, I'm extremely careful not to click on either the trailer or the music videos, so when I went into the Olberman vs. O'Riley, I could have sworn I saw your name, but it was Ken 123.

Anyway, Keith is so clear and concise, and pronounces his words so distinctly, he would probably be a real treat as a sports announcer.

Anne
Anne