'Round the World Weather Report

Chit-chat, current events
JackFavell

Re: 'Round the World Weather Report

Post by JackFavell »

Lily does that too, hops through the snow until she can find just the right place. She also loves to stick her snout under the snow for long periods of time, it makes me nervous that she won't come up for air in time....

Yesterday we took a walk while the streets were fairly clear, and she came back such a mess! I put a little jacket on her (more for keeping her clean than warm) and it was covered with wet grit when we got home. Trying to take it off was worse that just wiping her down with a towel. Yuck.
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

Captain Sugar T. Booger (Canine Corps) has been doing pretty well. She hobbles around till she feels like going, then WHOOSH! Let's get out of here! I feel bad for her. It's hard for her, jumping around like that. Not much I can do about it! It's not easy for me either. I can't stay on the sidewalk while does her business. If The Shug is in the snow, I'm in the snow. These are the rules!
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

For ChiO
For ChiO
image.jpg (40.85 KiB) Viewed 3386 times
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (42.88 KiB) Viewed 3385 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (38.06 KiB) Viewed 3385 times
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be.. It's the way it is..
The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference." ~ Virginia Satir
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
ChiO

Post by ChiO »

Hey! I've seen THE HITCH-HIKER and THE DEVIL THUMBS A RIDE.

Those guys with their thumbs out are t-r-o-u-b-l-e.
Everyday people...that's what's wrong with the world. -- Morgan Morgan
I love movies. But don't get me wrong. I hate Hollywood. -- Orson Welles
Movies can only go forward in spite of the motion picture industry. -- Orson Welles
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

thought you would make the connection.... :roll: :roll: :roll:
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Seattle expecting an overnight low of 18 degrees ... brr!
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

that's a HEAT WAVE...we're having a HIGH tomorrow of 5...overnight lows in negative double digits....
ChiO

Post by ChiO »

Well, the snow finally stopped. And the wind has stopped.

And the temperature is dropping. High tomorrow of 7. Low of -6. But it's really a heat wave over the weekend -- high in the low 20s. Oh, and the snow returns.

But, ya know, I prefer this to the July & August humidity.

Retire to the South? NEVER! I'm looking at Montreal (unless I find that perfect place in Tuscany-Umbria -- but aren't they all perfect?).
Everyday people...that's what's wrong with the world. -- Morgan Morgan
I love movies. But don't get me wrong. I hate Hollywood. -- Orson Welles
Movies can only go forward in spite of the motion picture industry. -- Orson Welles
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Masha, That's terrible... I didn't know they had tent cities in Kiev. It's shocking how little I know of Russia. I am sure they won't be showing those poor people during the Olympics, though one story about it might make some difference.
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Thanks for the info, Masha! Maybe I will get a better idea of what is happening.
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

It actually rained yesterday here in the California. We are in the midst of a major drought with the rainfall for last year the least of any year on record since the 1850s.

This drought is affecting both agriculture and rancher(especially in Central and Northern CA) s so there will likely be price increases in grocery stores by summer.

There is not much rain in store for us going forward though to listen to talk radio last evening the few inches of rain we received will solve our problems and can only mean more rain is on the way. They do dream big on talk radio.

I haven't posted much about our dilemma here because it seemed rather rude to be complaining about temps in the 80s while the rest of the country was covered in snow. We hit 80+ degrees on Christmas Day.

But, it is a major problem here in CA that will likely have consequences to everyone else's pocketbooks unless the skies open us and deliver us a wet miracle not only here in CA and the Sierra Nevada mountains but the Rockies (that feed the Colorado River and ultimately Lake Mead and the agriculture of the Imperial Valley further down Southern California), too.

And scientists don't see much of that actually happening any time soon. :(
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Complain all you want. It may be cold but at least we have water. We've had rain and snow and ice here in the past two weeks and I was thinking how nice it would have been to send it your way.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."