Ben Johnson

Discussion of the actors, directors and film-makers who 'made it all happen'
Maricatrin

Re: Ben Johnson

Post by Maricatrin »

pvitari wrote:For Mary-Kate. ;) She knows why. :)
Gorgeous! and thank you. :) (But she's awfully dumb today, give her a hint?)

Jack, that's a really useful looking hat! Something that can double as a bucket, unlike some itty-bitty ones I've seen.

Paula, what a worthy (but time consuming :shock:) summer project; more power to you!

BTW, I noticed several members of a Laramie fan group I recently joined were appreciative of your screen caps for Rebel in Town (even though it's a hard role for them to see Slim in!). A few samples:
"Holy Cow -- that's quite a site. Some very interesting pics and a whole LOT with John in them. Amazing."

"Oh yeah, I love the photos."

"Wow the amount of work that went into creating all those screen caps is amazing."

"Like these great shots!"
However, I'm wondering if I should correct the member who first posted the link, beginning with: "The man who runs a blog devoted to Ben Johnson's film work..." :?
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaricatrinsMusicVideos
pvitari

Post by pvitari »

Gorgeous! and thank you. (But she's awfully dumb today, give her a hint?)
Someone named Maricatrin ;) left this comment on my Ben webpage... :)
Paula, what a worthy (but time consuming ) summer project; more power to you!
I probably won't have time to start it until June, which means I can't wait for June to get here! :)
BTW, I noticed several members of a Laramie fan group I recently joined were appreciative of your screen caps for Rebel in Town (even though it's a hard role for them to see Slim in!). A few samples:
Wow, thanks for letting me know about these quotes! It's nice to know people out there are looking. (What's the URL for the Laramie group?) I hope they saw the Laramie pics as well as the Rebel in Town ones! I've done all three of Ben's Laramie episodes.
However, I'm wondering if I should correct the member who first posted the link, beginning with: "The man who runs a blog devoted to Ben Johnson's film work..."

Bwa ha!!!! You might want to let her know. :)
Maricatrin

Post by Maricatrin »

pvitari wrote:Someone named Maricatrin ;) left this comment on my Ben webpage... :)
Said I was feeling dumb. (The answer came to me right after I had turned the computer off for the day. :roll: )
pvitari wrote:Wow, thanks for letting me know about these quotes! It's nice to know people out there are looking. (What's the URL for the Laramie group?)
You're welcome. :) It's a yahoo group [JohnSmithAndRobertFullerLaramieFanClub] so I had to join before I could look things over. I haven't posted yet, just been prowling around and enjoying all the Laramie-related information there. (I do intend to alert them to your true identity soon, though. :wink: )
pvitari

Post by pvitari »

I wouldn't be surprised if I knew a couple of those gals over at that Yahoo group. ;)

How about we start a [JamesPepperFanClub] at Yahoo? :)

Maricatrin

Post by Maricatrin »

pvitari wrote: How about we start a [JamesPepperFanClub] at Yahoo? :)
Yes, and one of it's missions will be calculate and detail how many times Ben played good-guys onscreen. :wink:
pvitari

Post by pvitari »

This is about one of Ben's BAD boys... a very very VERY bad boy indeed, that varmint Bob Amory from One-Eyed Jacks.

Toby of 50 Westerns from the '50s found this picture at the French westerns website (and even if you can't read French, you should go there because there are so many great pics)

In the movie as released, we just see Bob shot and lying on the ground as townspeople rush up to him, and that's the last of Bob. But they filmed a scene where he was strung up; unfortunately it was cut from the final film.

Toby's post about this picture:

http://amillionfeetoffilm.tumblr.com/

Thread on French Westerns website with the picture:

http://forum.westernmovies.fr/viewtopic ... n&start=30

Yes, that's really Ben hanging upsidedown by one foot in the picture. Life Magazine ran an article about the making of the movie that including a photo of Marlon Brando standing next to the hanging Ben that stated that Ben nearly passed out from hanging there for so long. I posted that article some time ago, here's the link for anyone who wants to see it:

http://benjohnsonscreencaps.shutterfly. ... abilia/157

Back to more James Pepper on Sunday!
pvitari

Post by pvitari »

Chisum trading cards. Fun stuff! ;)

This Pepper card scan is the same size as the actual card.
Image Image

pvitari

Post by pvitari »

His Pepperness will perk up your Monday! :)

knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

shazam!!!!! :shock: :shock: :oops:
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

I'll be the "salt" to his Pepper any day! :D
"There's only one thing that can kill the movies, and that's education."
-- Will Rogers
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Hot Pepper! :D
pvitari

Post by pvitari »

I knew that photo would get a rise out of you ladies!

knitwit45 wrote:
shazam!!!!!
Ha! A couple of days ago I ordered a copy of this photo:

MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

Oh, I like that one!

Was it Gomer Pyle who always said "Shazam!"?
"There's only one thing that can kill the movies, and that's education."
-- Will Rogers
Maricatrin

Post by Maricatrin »

MissGoddess wrote:Was it Gomer Pyle who always said "Shazam!"?
It certainly was! And you can hear is said here as well, at about the 1:56 mark:

[youtube][/youtube]
It turns you into Tom Tyler (aka Luke Plummer, Cpl. Mike Quayne, etc.)
pvitari wrote:Yes, that's really Ben hanging upsidedown by one foot in the picture. Life Magazine ran an article about the making of the movie that including a photo of Marlon Brando standing next to the hanging Ben that stated that Ben nearly passed out from hanging there for so long. I posted that article some time ago, here's the link for anyone who wants to see it:

Wow. Ben sure was a trooper. As a kid, I'd get headaches just from doing somersaults. :roll:

(And oh, Paula, I did mention your true identity on the Laramie group. :wink: I also provided a link to your Laramie screen-caps; I hadn't seen them mentioned.)
pvitari

Post by pvitari »

Uh oh, my true identity! No longer am I just "Ms. Screencaps." ;)

I really have to switch mental gears to think of Tom Tyler as a sci-fi hero instead of a Western one!

But it's cute to see Ben looking at an issue of Big Reel that features his old pal on the cover as a guy in a little cape. :)

P.S. I just uttered "Shazaam" and alas, I did not turn into a kick-a** Lucy Lawless or Michelle Yeoh-type heroine. :)