Hats in Movies

Discussion of programming on TCM.
JackFavell

Re: Hats in Movies

Post by JackFavell »

It's my absolute favorite picture of her, she looks so pretty, and gypsy like.
Professional Tourist

Post by Professional Tourist »

Last edited by Professional Tourist on January 9th, 2011, 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Birdy

Post by Birdy »

Loved all those pictures, Wendy and PT, the highlight of my night.
Thanks for the vote of confidence, Klondike, I may try out a veil at the library tomorrow. Can't you picture it?
B
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

I love the hats Celia Johnson wears in Brief Encounter, there's something about them that speaks to me of the time period. Apparently she hated them but I love them.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

This is the only one I can find a picture of, but I am pretty certain she wears another as well. I'll have to look at my copy of the movie. There is something sort of practical and at the same time kind of silly/stylish about Celia's hats in the movie. A little flighty, yet down to earth as well. They express her personality.
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

Thanks Wendy, I'm hopeless at posting pictures on here. That's the hat I meant, I think she set off a fashion with this hat, I have a picture of my Grandma wearing an identical one.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin