Morning tea

Chit-chat, current events
moira finnie
Administrator

Re: Morning tea

Post by moira finnie »

Please take it easy and get better, Anne. That flu this year can be a bear from what I hear. As to tea, I prefer it, but love green tea, black tea, orange pekoe, and especially Twinings berry flavored tea, (which also has a nice kick of caffeine). I usually have sweetener and a piece of lemon in my morning tea.

The nicest tea I've been to is one they have at the Four Seasons Hotel in Boston looking out on the Boston Public Garden. Everything is served at 4pm with beautiful porcelain china, a silver teapot, and with wonderful "digestive biscuits", finger sandwiches and scones, just out of the oven. In my limited experience, no scone should be older than a half an hour old before being eaten. They are sinfully good that way.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
klondike

Post by klondike »

moirafinnie wrote: In my limited experience, no scone should be older than a half an hour old before being eaten. They are sinfully good that way.
Mmmm, those scone things sure sound good.
Wonder where they came from? :roll:
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

klondike wrote:
moirafinnie wrote: In my limited experience, no scone should be older than a half an hour old before being eaten. They are sinfully good that way.
Mmmm, those scone things sure sound good.
Wonder where they came from? :roll:
I dunno, but something tells me that you may have a yummy family recipe, MacKlondike.

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

mrsl -

I am so sorry to hear that you are ill. Honey and lemon with hot water (skip the tea) is good for you and of course, real chicken soup. Hope it is just an abbreviated version of the flu....

MissG-

Just the name Laduree sounds divine. I am jealous.

Moira,

I am ready to drive the two hours and brave Boston traffic to have tea at the Four Seasons.

White tea is actually quite tasty, and is one of the few fad teas that I like.

I had the most wonderful afternoon tea experience in Vienna at Sacher's. Of course, everything was delicious, especially the pastries and tortes.
klondike

Post by klondike »

(Sigh)
Wish I did, Moira, but the only recipe for baked goods that came down through the foliage of my Scotch Yankee tree is for big, dense pillowy biscuits (which taste quite similar, I'm told, to Old World Irish soda bread), which were consumed by the last 5 generations of my forebears {after coming home from hard days of felling trees, harpooning whales & smuggling whisky}, served under boilt kidney beans, or diced beefheart & onions in cream gravy, or on their own, slathered in butter, and enjoyed to this very day by your truly. :mrgreen:
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

JackFavell wrote:
White tea is actually quite tasty, and is one of the few fad teas that I like.

I had the most wonderful afternoon tea experience in Vienna at Sacher's. Of course, everything was delicious, especially the pastries and tortes.
JF,
I haven't tried white tea, but perhaps I should. Is it anything like Chai Tea, which I'm not too keen on?

Sachers! Holy Moley, my globetrotting sis and her investment advisor hubby were there last September while at a conference in Vienna...at least until my brother-in-law saw The Financial Times and dashed back to be near the markets, along with his colleagues! Still, she remembers it fondly, despite the monetary history that is associated with it in her memory. She thought that the Linzer Torte was divine.

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

We went back to Sacher's for dinner another time. I remember the creamiest, freshest tasting cucumber soup, and a sommelier who was blond and adorable. :D

I have never tried Chai, I am embarrassed to say. Too "flavor of the month" for me. The white tea I have tasted is good, but seems to lack some of the bitterness associated with black tea, though it doesn't seem to be like "tea lite" either. It is simply more delicate tasting.
Last edited by JackFavell on September 27th, 2009, 6:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

I've always wanted to go to the famous Sacher's! How marvelous, Jackie. You're
making me hungry with all this talk of tortes, scones (love them) and biscuits.
"There's only one thing that can kill the movies, and that's education."
-- Will Rogers
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Let's go to Klondikes, MissG ! I am dying to have some of those homemade biscuits slathered with butter..... mmmmmm.
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

JackFavell wrote:Let's go to Klondikes, MissG ! I am dying to have some of those homemade biscuits slathered with butter..... mmmmmm.
OK, Klonny, here we come! :D
-- Will Rogers
klondike

Post by klondike »

Come ahead, Neighbors!
Just remember: Malamutes are very territorial - so relax and stand still until my sled gang is finished sniffing you down.
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

BUTTERSCOTCHIE:

I've been meaning to ask, how did you get a picture into your 'signature' line? My settings won't let me do that,
I can only add text. :(
-- Will Rogers
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

BUTTERSCOTCHIE-

Enjoy Greer's day! I hope you don't have any classes tomorrow.
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

I spoke to the Scotchlette last night and she said to tell everyone she's having difficulties with her
internet connection at home and hasn't had time at school to post here but she hopes
to soon!
-- Will Rogers
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

I was browsing through the old threads and saw this one; thought I would dust off the tea table for the video below. Pinkies raised, everyone!:

[youtube][/youtube]
-- Will Rogers