Help! yourself to this movie!

cinemalover

Help! yourself to this movie!

Post by cinemalover »

For anyone interested, the Beatles movie Help! is showing on the Sundance channel this month in a beautifully restored, letterboxed version. This was on television constantly when I was growing up and I'd look forward to catching it's wacky hi-jinks supported by seven Beatles tunes. I enjoyed the Beatles music as a kid so I really loved this film. It's quite a bit wilder than A Hard Day's Night but very much fun. I hadn't seen this broadcast in more years than I can remember so if this is something you'd enjoy and you get the Sundance channel keep your eyes open! I recorded it this weekend and look forward to watching it again some time this week.
Chris

The only bad movie is no movie at all.
MikeBSG

Post by MikeBSG »

"Help!" is a lot of fun. I love seeing Leo McKern as the villain.

The movie itself is very different from "A Hard Day's Night," and in a lot of ways feels like a Monty Python film before the fact.

The main female role in this film is played by Eleanor Bron, who was with the "Beyond the Fringe" people. I best remember her from her role in "Turtle Diary."
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Thanks for the heads-up. I've always loved this film regardless of its shortcomings. A lot of the time it's silly but it is a great deal of fun. Great music too. I think "Help" is due out on DVD at the end of Nov.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."