A Call to Arms For New Members

Chit-chat, current events
cinemalover

A Call to Arms For New Members

Post by cinemalover »

First of all I would like to welcome all the new members that have joined in the last month, that is fantastic. Welcome aboard! I assume many of you read the threads and opinions of the regular posters and we certainly appreciate it. But we who post on a regular basis also love to read new opinions on this board. Each of you presumably registered due an in interest in the subject matter, and there's one thing that each and everyone of you have that is completely unique. YOUR OPINION! There's no such thing as a wrong opinion, because it's yours! I invite each and everyone of you to post something, either on an existing thread or on a new one that you would like to start. Go on. It won't hurt! Very few of us bite and we've all had our shots. Pick a topic, we're easy. Start right here on this thread if you like and just say hi! That first post is the toughest, and then they all get easier after that.

We'd all love to read your thoughts.
Thank you,
Chris (one of several Chris's on this site)
Chris

The only bad movie is no movie at all.
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Great post cinema:

Now if only some of the new folks would do what you suggested. I'd love to meet some of them and learn their likes and dislikes.

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
cinemalover

Post by cinemalover »

Thanks Anne,
I can hear them breathing out there, just working up the courage to punch some thoughts into the keyboard. Come on now, newbies, don't make us beg! Not that I won't if I have to, mind you.
Chris

The only bad movie is no movie at all.
Bogie

Post by Bogie »

I know some forums direct you into a post/thread as soon as you sign on. I nominate that this thread be used to that affect. The newbies would have no choice BUT to see this welcome :)
melwalton

general

Post by melwalton »

Good one, Chris. Hope it gets the ball rolling. When they see what it's like here, anyone interested in movies should want to participate, Good for you....mel
markfp

Post by markfp »

This is a good topic. Perhaps, new people tend to be a little intimidated by us. Maybe they think that we are all "experts" and that they would look "dumb" if they joined the discussions. That's not gonna happen here. Of course, they may have had trouble on other forums. We all know that there are a lot of jerks, on some of the other sites, who do try and make newcomers look foolish. They won't find any of that here either.

We're just a bunch of folks, from all over, who have developed a common bond with our love of films. Perhaps, we do have a little more knowledge of films than the average person, but that's only because it's a major interest for us. We all love to hear from new people and we don't bite.

So go ahead and do it first-timers. We're waiting for you.