Made for TV Movies You should see

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
feaito

Post by feaito »

jdb1 wrote:And actually, Nando, the first time I saw Lizzie Borden I saw it in Spanish, in Puerto Rico (La Leyenda de Lizzie Borden). Even with my decreased comprehension, I thought it excellent. I'm not familiar with Feast of All Saints. It sounds interesting. Do you know if it was shown in the US?
Judith,

I guess it must have been aired in the USA. It was made for Cable. Check this link:

http://www.answers.com/topic/the-feast- ... ertainment
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

feaito wrote:
jdb1 wrote:And actually, Nando, the first time I saw Lizzie Borden I saw it in Spanish, in Puerto Rico (La Leyenda de Lizzie Borden). Even with my decreased comprehension, I thought it excellent. I'm not familiar with Feast of All Saints. It sounds interesting. Do you know if it was shown in the US?
Judith,

I guess it must have been aired in the USA. It was made for Cable. Check this link:

http://www.answers.com/topic/the-feast- ... ertainment
Ah, yes. After looking at your link, I do remember it now, and I did see some bits and pieces of it. Thanks.
ken123

Post by ken123 »

" The Feast of All Saints " was shown on Cable here a few years ago. Among the ladies that appearred in the Made for TV film wer Eartha Kitt, Gloria Reubens,Jasmine Guy, Jennifer Beals, and Diahann Carroll. I don't remember any of the male actors, and with women of such exquisite beauty and talent who would .
traceyk

Post by traceyk »

knitwit45 wrote:Anne, Beda made that avatar for me, and it actually is Olivia DeHaviland. The really REALLY weird thing is....I used to look like that photo! Now, of course, man had just discovered fire,:lol: and the dinosaurs were just headed over the hill,:lol: but I really did look like her (in that photo).

And Lynn, thanks for the confirmation of that Clu (sigh) Gulager movie. He was never handsomer than in that movie...and that's saying a LOT....

Ok, this is funny--Or I think so anyway. I collect cigarette cards from the 1930's and I have one that is exactly like your avatar, knitwit, from Players cigarettes and it says it's Bette Davis. I always thought that was wierd, because it really doesn't look like her. At all. I wonder how the company missed that one so badly?
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. "~~Wilde
traceyk

Post by traceyk »

Here it is
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Nancy did have an avatar with Olivia on it and that is the one she mentions in you copied quote. Her new one is Bette.

That's great you have the card made from the same picture.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
traceyk

Post by traceyk »

Oh, ok. I thought the Player company got it wrong.