stuart.uk

Post by stuart.uk »

[url Diana Rigg - Morecambe & Wise
02:21 From: dianarigg
Views: 24,446]

tried again Nancy. let's hope it works[/url]
stuart.uk

Post by stuart.uk »

Tom sent the video i was trying to give you. i tried but can't get the hang of it, but i found this. i'll try copying and pasting. it worked with Scrooge

Singing In The Rain - Here's the singing in the rain sketch by
morcambe and wise. Popular Funny Videos 1. All Babes Want To... | 2. Fosters Ad | 3. Family Guy 4. Radio Wind Up | 5. Dad Catches Daugh... | 6. Family Guy Full E.

http://www.funny-videos.co.uk/videoSing ... eShow.html · Cached page
Last edited by stuart.uk on January 22nd, 2008, 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

Love him, love him, love him. He is the kind of song-and-dance man we don't have any more. He radiates energy and good feeling.

I'm sure I saw on TV long ago the wartime movie you referred to, Stuart, but it had a different name, something like Skylarks or Skylighters. I remember Steele in it - he was adorable. I remember a scene where he and a girl were sitting on some sacks, necking, and she complained that there was a potato poking her in the back. Is that the one, do you know?

I think I posted, maybe on the Other Site, about the time when I was on my high school paper and attended a press conference for Steele, who was in Half a Sixpence at the time. It was the best - he was so charming and interesting. I think he came to the US at the wrong time, unfortunately, when movie musicals were on the way out, and Rock was on the rise. I recall another English song-and-dance man who was around at that same time and despite appearing on many variety shows here in the US never got anywhere . . . . what was his name? Oh -- I think he was called Roy Castle. I remember him as being very good, but not quite as dynamic as Steele.
stuart.uk

Post by stuart.uk »

Tommy was a rock an roll star in the 50s and early yrs and he can still do it today along with his song and dance numbers.

funny you should mention the late Roy Castle. he played Cosmo Brown to Tommy's Don Lockwood at the London Palladium with Singing In The Rain
markfp

Post by markfp »

Hi Stuart, a slightly belated welcome to the boards. I think that Tommy Steele is a great talent, I only wish more of his films were released on this side of the Atlantic. I first saw him in the mid 1960's when "The Dream Maker" played at our local cinema. There was a product shortage in the American film industry at the time and a lot of British films were being imported to run on the bottom of double-bills. Thank goodness for that. It opened up a great new world for me. Anyway, I knew he had something special right there and then.

I couldn't find any credits for him in the last twenty years or more. Has he retired? I he would be in his seventies now.
stuart.uk

Post by stuart.uk »

www.scroogethemusical.co.uk/show/who-tommysteele.html ·

i all ready sent the same link to Nancy. this was Tommy's latest work

thanks for welcome
stuart.uk

Post by stuart.uk »

Judith

sorry for this belated reply, but i'm sure the Tommy Steele film Light Up The Lights is the same film you're refering to under a different title called Skywatch. he and screen brother Benny Hill, Johnny Briggs and others operate a searchlight spotting German planes.

Steele gets married at the beginning of the film, but falls in love and gets a girl pregnant. in the end he marries the girl who has his child, calling him Winston. Winstone, also played by Steele, appears at the end nearly 20-yrs later with his dad's Commanding Officer Ian Carmichael in a cricket club bar.