I Love Lucy

Isn't Romantic Comedy redundant?
charliechaplinfan

I Love Lucy

Post by charliechaplinfan »

Dear Ollie, hope you are enjoying your travels. Thank you for sending I Love Lucy over to me. All because I expressed an interest in Charles Boyer (figure that?)

Two and a half episodes in and I am completely hooked. I admit at first I found Lucy a little hard to take but after 5 minutes that passed. I think the thing that has amazed me the most is that the stories run together, I don't know why I didn't expect that.

The episodes I have seen are the one with Richard Widmark, the one at Grauman's Chinese theatre and the one with John Wayne! John Wayne in a comedy, allowing fun to be made of his onscreen persona. It's such a joy for me to watch.

I know she's a great American favorite, she's now managed to make a Lancashire girl laugh out loud.

And I've not even got to Charles Boyer yet :lol:
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
moviemagz

Post by moviemagz »

It's only the "Hollywood" episodes of Lucy that run together like a multi-episode thing, the overwhelmingly majority of ILL episodes are single story episodes like most sitcoms - but I LOVE LUCY is still the funniest sitcom of all time in the opinon of many even after some 50+ years.

If you have only seen the Hollywood episodes you haven't seen anywhere near the best of ILL.
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

It's these I'm watching, I'm really enjoying them. I love the way that the stars send themselves up.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin