Martial Law

Chit-chat, current events
ken123

Martial Law

Post by ken123 »

BuzzFlash A liberal website http//www.buzzflash.com/ has a link to the April 23, 2007 American Conservative Magazine's article by James Bovard in regard to expanded powers granted to the President by the passage of The Defense Authorization Act of 2006 last September. :cry:
pktrekgirl
Administrator

Post by pktrekgirl »

Believe me...nothing this president or his cronies does surprises me anymore. And I do mean NOTHING.

If this administration is capable of entertaining a serious discussion about whether or not it is okay to TORTURE people...then absolutely NOTHING they do could possibly surprise me.

It'll be interesting to see what the Republicans do about all of these powers granted the executive branch through this thing and the Patriot Act....once a Democrat is in the office of the President.
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

One of the Op-Ed columnists at the NY Times made a comment a while back that I find so very sadly true. S/he said that the current administration has every interest in power, and none in governing.

It outrageous that our Congress can present the President with concrete evidence that it and the American people want our troops out of Iraq, and he thinks he can say "No" with alacrity. I don't get it - we're telling him we've had enough, and he's telling us "Oh no you haven't, I'll tell you when you think you've had enough."

Sort of like the Supreme Court's decision last week informing us girls that they're going to tell us what's good for us because obviously we don't know. Whether or not one agrees with the subject matter of the case, it's the condescending, paternalistic tone of the decision that should be a clue to the utter contempt in which We the People are being held by our government these days.