CARY GRANT

Discussion of the actors, directors and film-makers who 'made it all happen'
moira finnie
Administrator

Re: CARY GRANT

Post by moira finnie »

I'm not the only person who found that really strange, then?
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

yikes!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
feaito

Post by feaito »

Jack La Rue must have done something really bad, mean and horrible to deserve all this enraged beating by lawyer Cary. I'd like to see this film!
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

"I ain't so tough!"

OMG! Holy Christ! Jack made me think of Peter Lorre when he was getting his beat down.

And my temperature raised a couple of notches watching Cary's fury. :x

Oh yeah...I need a doctor.
"You build my gallows high, baby."

http://www.megramsey.com
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Oh I don't know, I thought Jack was sexy when he was screaming in pain...up until he started blowing bubbles. Do you suppose he thought they were done with the scene, but they kept it rolling?
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

Well...I'd say Jack puts his all into everything. WoW!
"You build my gallows high, baby."

http://www.megramsey.com
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

Wow indeed. A very different side of Cary.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Wow, I wasn't expecting that. Not sure what I was expecting (what with all the bad in that scene) but it sure wasn't that.
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

feaito

Post by feaito »

Hi Alison,

This a wonderful reminiscence of Cary by his daughter Jennifer Grant filmed on February 2012. Enjoy!

[youtube][/youtube]
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

It's nice she has such fond memories of her father. Everyone should be so lucky.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
feaito

Post by feaito »

Yes indeed and she's about my same age....how time flies...I've always had her in my mind as a small girl... :roll:
feaito

Post by feaito »

BTW, today I watched the BLU RAY release of "To Catch a Thief" (1955) and the print is absolutely SUPERB. I own the first DVD release of this film, which I had seen on a regular TV set and I found pretty good. After seeing the Blu Ray I changed my mind. What an improvement! The fine details on everything enhance the enjoyment of this good film. Cary and Grace look fantastic and it's like watching it for the first time. I wish this version would be presented on the big screen! John Williams and Jessie Royce Landis are great in their roles. RECOMMENDED.
Sue Sue Applegate
Administrator

Post by Sue Sue Applegate »

I love Cary Grant, and I love this thread! That clip from The Woman Accused is incredible. Definitely a Cary I never knew before.

I had seen the interview with Jennifer Grant when it originally aired, but it is such a lovely report that I was so happy to see it posted here.
Blog: http://suesueapplegate.wordpress.com/
Twitter:@suesueapplegate
TCM Message Boards: http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/ ... ue-sue-ii/
Sue Sue : https://www.facebook.com/groups/611323215621862/
Thelma Ritter: Hollywood's Favorite New Yorker, University Press of Mississippi-2023
Avatar: Ginger Rogers, The Major and The Minor
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

I love "To Catch a Thief" and "The Woman Accused" too. ... BTW, I saw "To Catch a Thief" not too long ago on Retroplex Movie Channel (I think) and "North by Northwest" too. That's was on Retroplex.

Speaking of Cary Grant ... I saw "Only Angels Have Wings" with his co-star Jean Arthur and a very young Rita Hayworth and Thomas Mitchell ... Saw that yesterday. He was Charming in that Movie. Also starred Richard Barthelmess too. I watched that movie before I went out of town.

And, also ... while at Vancouver B.C. ... it's Ironic that "Bringing Up Baby" with co-star Katherine Hepburn was on - one of many Satellite Channels that my friend has and he has never seen it before ... I told him and my friends it was one the funniest movies that Cary did in his career. I watched it on his 50 inch Plasma T.V. and it was fun seeing my friends giggled and they thanked me for sharing my love of "Bringing Up Baby" to them. That's the 4th time in 15 months that I seen it ... and my friend howled and howled at the end.

They were surprised how well Cary do Comedy. They loved him in that silly Negligee ... :lol:
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

feaito wrote:Hi Alison,

This a wonderful reminiscence of Cary by his daughter Jennifer Grant filmed on February 2012. Enjoy!

[youtube][/youtube]
Thank you, I'm saving it for later, chaos reigns at the moment but I can't wait :wink:
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin