Agnes Moorehead

Discussion of the actors, directors and film-makers who 'made it all happen'
Professional Tourist

Re: Agnes Moorehead

Post by Professional Tourist »

Last edited by Professional Tourist on February 17th, 2011, 7:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JackFavell

Re: Aggie's Place -- Open 24 Hours

Post by JackFavell »

That's tremendous! Congratulations!
Professional Tourist

Last edited by Professional Tourist on February 17th, 2011, 7:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Erika1712

Post by Erika1712 »

Hi PT. I follow your thread here as well! :) I have this recorded, so I will try to post this clip. In fact, I believe I have this movie ripped already, so I will try to do this very soon.
Professional Tourist

Last edited by Professional Tourist on February 17th, 2011, 7:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Professional Tourist

Last edited by Professional Tourist on February 17th, 2011, 7:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rudyfan

Post by rudyfan »

Well, I just caught up here. This is awesome news PT. I'm looking forward to the blog update, in due time.

Congratulations on a long desired wish fullfilled!
Professional Tourist

Last edited by Professional Tourist on January 14th, 2011, 11:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vecchiolarry

Post by Vecchiolarry »

Hi,

It seems to me that I remember in my often foggie little brain that there was a deal to put this on live TV - NBC, I think???!!!
But then, something happened - like the Andrea Doria sinking or the Suez Canal disruption or even Grace Kelly getting married and Agnes & company got the "boot"...
I do know for sure that the Andrea Doria story was on all TV networks most of the day & night until it finally sunk (very dramatic) and so that could be it - but don't take that as 'actual fact' (as I'm now decades away from all that).....

Larry
Professional Tourist

Vecchiolarry

Post by Vecchiolarry »

Hi again,

Charles Tranberg did contact me about 3 or 4 months before he started writing his book, but it was mostly on her private life with Sean and Robert Gist and what it was like on Roxbury Drive back then. Planting her garden and playing Cowboys & Indians (I was very big on Roy Rogers around 1951).
I never even thought about any TV show or her play in the 50's, so would not have mentioned it to Chuck then.
It was only today, with your reference to a film or TV show, that I remembered talk of it.
You see what I mean about a sieve for a brain - not everything is instantly recalled and not often in chronological order either.

As Bette Davis once said, "Old age ain't for sissies"....

Larry
Erika1712

Post by Erika1712 »

I want to listen to this PT and I have great plans to when I can sit and concentrate. I took a college Philosophy class and I managed a passing grade only by the skin of my teeth. Thanks for putting it together. :-)
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Thank you for the excellent post on Don Juan in Hell! I am so thrilled that you provided this fine link and the actual recordings. I am also very happy that you persevered and were able to enjoy the play!
Professional Tourist

Last edited by Professional Tourist on January 14th, 2011, 11:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.