Masha

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by Masha »

Avatar: Vera Vasilyevna Kholodnaya
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Masha wrote: December 15th, 2022, 8:18 pm
Розумієте, це саме те, що відбувається після того, як Західний декаданс заполонить місцеву культуру!

(...here's hoping that online English to Ukrainian translator got this little joke o' mine right) ;)
Masha

Post by Masha »

Dargo wrote: December 15th, 2022, 9:28 pm
(...here's hoping that online English to Ukrainian translator got this little joke o' mine right) ;)
I can assure you that my ancestors were decadent when Europe was mostly goat herders and cheesemakers. We taught you. You did not teach us.
Masha

Post by Masha »

Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Masha wrote: December 15th, 2022, 10:09 pm
Dargo wrote: December 15th, 2022, 9:28 pm
I can assure you that my ancestors were decadent when Europe was mostly goat herders and cheesemakers. We taught you. You did not teach us.
LOL

(...glad to see that online translator site I used is a reliable source)
Masha

Post by Masha »

Dargo wrote: December 15th, 2022, 11:15 pm
Please do not use it. I doubt there is anything you wish to say to me that can not be expressed in your own unimitable English or American or SoCalSpeak or whatever it is that you use. ;)
laffite

Post by laffite »

Mona
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Masha wrote: December 16th, 2022, 12:04 am
Dargo wrote: December 15th, 2022, 11:15 pm
Please do not use it. I doubt there is anything you wish to say to me that can not be expressed in your own unimitable English or American or SoCalSpeak or whatever it is that you use. ;)
I really hadn't planned on or thought of using it again, Masha. The only reason I did this time, and as I'm sure you figured out, was in an effort to "playact" as some sort of "commissar" from your old stomping grounds while expressing the thought in jest that I posted to you.

(...I mean, I'm sure you know after all these years that this here ol' SoCal boy has always been somewhat of a "frustrated actor", don't ya) ;)
laffite

Post by laffite »

(...I mean, I'm sure you know after all these years that this here ol' SoCal boy has always been somewhat of a "frustrated actor", don't ya) ;)
[/quote]

Funny you should say that. I "performed" a Shakespeare monologue this afternoon that was something less than stellar. I'm a amateur and fairly new to the Art and frustrated is the word.

AS a follow up to my previous musical selection which was quite lovely, I would like to post something truly horrible. I ask your indulgence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtKE3aoBHSo
Mona
Masha

Post by Masha »

Dargo wrote: December 16th, 2022, 12:30 am
I at all times assumed that you are a comedian and that Big Comedy was conspiring against you to keep you from performing professionally because they feared they could not control such a mischievous spirit and you would make their most profitable minions look like dullards. I believe I may be forgiven this slight misperception because good comedians do impressions also.
Masha

Post by Masha »

laffite wrote: December 16th, 2022, 12:28 am https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xfADmedwj0
Are you aware that you must use a different button when you wish to embed a video instead of making it a link? It is the: Media Embed button immediately to the left of: Thumb on the top menu and has a graphic of a television screen on it. This allows other users to watch the video here rather than opening a new window to: YouTube.
laffite

Post by laffite »

Masha wrote: December 16th, 2022, 1:20 am
laffite wrote: December 16th, 2022, 12:28 am https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xfADmedwj0
Are you aware that you must use a different button when you wish to embed a video instead of making it a link? It is the: Media Embed button immediately to the left of: Thumb on the top menu and has a graphic of a television screen on it. This allows other users to watch the video here rather than opening a new window to: YouTube.
No, I wasn't aware of that. Thank you. Actually I was in the habit at TCM to show as a link (but I wasn't intentionally trying to that here). You recall that as an option "Show as a link instead.". I liked it that way in some instances for an element of surprise..To embed is so splashy and in your face. Displaying the link seemed subtler and provided a little mystery. Yet I am glad you mentioned the distinction. Good to know.
Mona
laffite

Post by laffite »

laffite wrote: December 16th, 2022, 1:47 am
Masha wrote: December 16th, 2022, 1:20 am
No, I wasn't aware of that. Thank you. Actually I was in the habit at TCM to show as a link (but I wasn't intentionally trying to that here). You recall that as an option "Show as a link instead.". I liked it that way in some instances for an element of surprise..To embed is so splashy and in your face. Displaying the link seemed subtler and provided a little mystery. Yet I am glad you mentioned the distinction.
Mona