Cheryl Cole's big hair on America's X-Factor

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
stuart.uk

Cheryl Cole's big hair on America's X-Factor

Post by stuart.uk »

I was just wondering what sort of impact Cheryl Cole is having in America with her first appearence on Simon Cowell's U.S version of X-Factor. In the UK we're getting mixed signals. Some say she's doing great, others that her Geordie accent is hard to understand. Then again some might find her UK regional accent endearing

One thing that's causing a stir in the UK is her latest hair-style, nicknamed The Big Hair. Some are saying it's a disaster, but others that she'll set a new trend. One UK newspaper compared her big hair-do to Katharine Hepburn, Dusty Springfield's and Farah Fawcett's crop

Another UK import on the show is Steve Jones, who is the presenter. I wonder if that was a blow for fellow countryman Dermot O'Leary, who is the UK presenter of X-Factor, who as far as I believe was interested in doing the American version
stuart.uk

Re: Cheryl Cole's big hair on America's X-Factor

Post by stuart.uk »

I gather Cheryl has just been sacked from the U.S X-Factor show. Reason's suggested are her Geordie accent would be to hard for an American audience to understand and the lack of chemistry between her and former Pop Idol judge Paula Abdul. She may return to the UK version of the show, but given the humilation of being axed she might very well break all ties with the show