Very Important Zombie Information

Chit-chat, current events
pvitari

Very Important Zombie Information

Post by pvitari »

May is Zombie Awareness Month.

http://www.zombieresearch.org/zombieawarenessmonth.html

Also, the CDC has issued guidelines on what to do if there is an outbreak of zombies in your area.

http://emergency.cdc.gov/socialmedia/zombies_blog.asp

The CDC is down the street from where I work. It's good to know that just minutes away my tax dollars are working hard to educate citizens especially since right here in Atlanta we are highly susceptible to zombie infestations.

http://www.onlocationvacations.com/2011 ... -season-2/

Lzcutter
Administrator

Re: Very Important Zombie Information

Post by Lzcutter »

AMC's freshman series, The Walking Dead, ended it's first season with a hardy group of survivors surviving all sorts of zombie attacks and making it to the CDC in Atlanta, only to discover that the facility was not the safe haven they were looking for.

The show, the highest rated series AMC has ever had, returns this October with more tales of how our survivors rebuild their society and find a place to carve out a new home all while dealing with zombies.

The only thing we know for sure. It won't be at the CDC in Atlanta nor with their help!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

ripped from the headlines:

"Zombie Apocalypse" campaign crashes website (Reuters)
Reuters - A blog post by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that mentions a "zombie apocalypse" as a lighthearted way to get Americans to read about preparing for hurricanes drove so much traffic that it crashed the website, the agency said on Thursday.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

Knitty, I must tell you your Shirley Temple avatar is one of the most quietly beautiful photos of that imp I've ever seen. I love the grave and curious look in her eyes.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
klondike

Post by klondike »

pvitari wrote:
The CDC is down the street from where I work. It's good to know that just minutes away my tax dollars are working hard to educate citizens especially since right here in Atlanta we are highly susceptible to zombie infestations.
You poor Atlanteans!
Just when y'all were getting the demographic taste of Ted Turner off your metropolitan tastebuds, here come those pesky Zombies! Well, at least now you have something to take your minds of last year's NFC Championship Game {that's Cheesehead humor}.
So buck up, Paula, Peach Season's almost here! :wink:
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

moirafinnie wrote:Knitty, I must tell you your Shirley Temple avatar is one of the most quietly beautiful photos of that imp I've ever seen. I love the grave and curious look in her eyes.
Thanks, isn't it a lovely photo? I was struck by the wisdom in her eyes, and the relief not to have 'sparkle'.
Sue Sue Applegate
Administrator

Post by Sue Sue Applegate »

Knitty, I am a big Shirley fan, and I also love this photo. It's beautiful, and part of it is that she is not forcibly "sparkling."

Just a lovely, natural shot. :lol:
Blog: http://suesueapplegate.wordpress.com/
Twitter:@suesueapplegate
TCM Message Boards: http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/ ... ue-sue-ii/
Sue Sue : https://www.facebook.com/groups/611323215621862/
Thelma Ritter: Hollywood's Favorite New Yorker, University Press of Mississippi-2023
Avatar: Ginger Rogers, The Major and The Minor
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

The CDC's Zombie FAQ has turned out to be a very successful way to make sure Americans have the info they need to prepare for any natural or unnatural disaster. The FAQ is incredibly popular and the FAQ is more about how to prepare for a natural disaster than a zombie attack.

But, since you never know when Zombies could rule, it's useful to have for both!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Even in my OWN hometown ... My Only Newspaper even has an article on this subject matter ...

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/h ... eep24.html

Ran across it by accident ... I spend 10-15 minutes a day in this website to catch up on local, state, and national news and I was surprised to see it there. Pretty interesting reading ...
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

Standard and Poor has just downgraded US zombies to a rating of AA plus. Is that good or bad?
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

RedRiver wrote:Standard and Poor has just downgraded US zombies to a rating of AA plus. Is that good or bad?
I think that the official line is that it will have "minimal or no impact" on zombie futures and zombie bond yields.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

Concerning the title of this thread: Is there such a thing as ROUTINE zombie information? Would that be softball results? Labor day picnics? Zombie class reunions?
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Perhaps the Walking Dead returns to AMC in mid-October.

Lots of zombies in that one!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Lzcutter wrote:Perhaps the Walking Dead returns to AMC in mid-October.

Lots of zombies in that one!
So, true ... Lzcutter!
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

This is hard to admit publicly. I think I might be a zombie. I walk the streets at night. Appear from out of nowhere in South American jungles. I'm particularly attracted to women named Barbara. A counselor suggested I take the 20 questions test. I did so. It indicates reason for concern.

Are there treatment programs available? There are no Z. A. meetings in my community. I can't ignore this problem any longer. I've known too many people who denied the symptoms and they just got worse. This disease destroys familes, ruins careers, is indeed the scourge of society.

The first step is admitting you have a problem. I'm Red R. And I'm a zombie.