Wagon Train

mrsl

Wagon Train

Post by mrsl »

Another favorite of all of us that doesn't have it's own thread. I'm catching up on some of the programs I have on the DVR finally, and earlier today I watched a Wagon Train that was a little more unusual than most. The name was "The Prairie Story" (I think), and it was about all the good as well as bad things that could, and would happen during a typical train traveling from St. Lous, MO, to San Francisco, CA. The best thing about this particular show was Beula Bondi. That woman could do a solo and make you see the hardships, bad weather, snow, rain, etc. Her voice had something in it that just commanded your attention. From her younger years to her older ones, she had that prescienceI loved her, and could listen to her all day. In this, she was a grannie making her second trip by wagon train, and everyone, from the guys who worked for the train, to the young kids looked to her for advice and help in making decisions. She was another of those "Great Old Gals".
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
movieman1957
Administrator

Re: Wagon Train

Post by movieman1957 »

Anne:

There's a whole thread down in the General TV forum. (You started it too.)

http://silverscreenoasis.com/oasis3/vie ... =17&t=4773
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

That was a total mistake. I thought I was in this Western thread. I'm pretty sure I asked one of the moderators if they could move it from there to here. Put it up to another senior moment. But I wonder why the SEARCH engine can't pick up from another thread. Is there a way to encompass the whole board in a search?
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

mrsl wrote:.
That was a total mistake. I thought I was in this Western thread. I'm pretty sure I asked one of the moderators if they could move it from there to here. Put it up to another senior moment. But I wonder why the SEARCH engine can't pick up from another thread. Is there a way to encompass the whole board in a search?
Yes. If you go to Google, and enter the words: wagon train, silver screen oasis

You will see then see the existing thread on this site with a link listed by Google. I have mentioned this a few times on this message board, but, unfortunately, the SSO search feature on this message board does not always show all the threads for a particular topic.

Since the board in general is blessedly free of technical issues 95% of the time, I hope we can live with it as is. Perhaps trying Google using the Silver Screen Oasis as a search term as well as whatever topic is being searched for will be of help in the future.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

I found them both just by putting in "Wagon Train" in the search on the main page but it might be browser related. I usually have pretty good luck.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."