New (And Improved) Video Section At TCM.COM

Discussion of programming on TCM.
benwhowell

New (And Improved) Video Section At TCM.COM

Post by benwhowell »

Great new (and improved) feature...to escape the mundane topics on the message boards. It feels like a dark movie theatre...with hundreds of trailers, clips, shorts, promos, featurettes, etc. And-I just watched an entire feature..."Living On Love." You can create your own playlist. Too much fun!
Moraldo Rubini

Videomania

Post by Moraldo Rubini »

Ben, where are you seeing this? Are you referring to the "shopping" pages? Have you a link?
benwhowell

Post by benwhowell »

Marco, it's at the top under "video."
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

I never noticed the DBHOME spot either. Is that new, or have I just been unconscience? You can SEARCH for an actor and see his/her movie clips and trailers, as well as a very complete bio.

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

I never noticed the DBHOME spot either. Is that new, or have I just been unconscience? You can SEARCH for an actor and see his/her movie clips and trailers, as well as a very complete bio.
Hi Anne,
The TCMDb has been around for several months. It is pretty good, though perhaps not always as thorough or accurate as the info found at IMDb. The best part of the website feature is perhaps the fact that on the right side of the screen, one can see upcoming movies on TCM featuring a given player. Here's a link to the TCM Movie Database where you can search by actor, filmmaker, title etc.:
http://www.tcmdb.com/search/
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

moira:

I see what I did now. I never used the TCM database, I always go to IMDB from my bookmarks, and yesterday, I clicked on the little box marked 'dbhome' and found it's the same thing.

I did have some fun with the new video section though that benwhowell is talking about.

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************