This week on SVENGOOLIE...

Rita Hayworth

Re: This week on SVENGOOLIE...

Post by Rita Hayworth »

moirafinnie wrote:
I did get a hoot out of the way that Shirley Patterson's hair remained lovely despite heat, damp, crashing helicopters, T-Rex attacks and hammer lock kisses from William Reynolds (master of the whirlybird). Her clothes became increasingly (and fetchingly) tattered too, of course, but there was ne'er a hair out of place on this broad, even when that big lizard was following her in the water.

I knew their mission was doomed when the officer briefing them was played by Douglas Kennedy. The only person worse as a guide through the unknown would have been John Archer. I did get a big kick out of the Pterodactyl attack on the copter and the actor in the Tyrannosaurus Rex suit was hilarious.

I've completely forgot to mentioned that Moira about Shirley Patterson's hair remains lovely ... even so that BIG LIZARD was following her in the water ... LOL for the ages! ... I'm so happy that you've brought that up!

I'm grateful that you brought up the Pterodactyl attack as well the Tyrannosaurus Rex (the actor inside) was far freaking hilarious too. Man, that's tickled my funny bone too ...
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

MUNSTER, GO HOME! ... 1966 FILM

[youtube][/youtube]

Haven't seen this in years ... It will be a hoot to see it again! :)

NEXT UP FOR SVENGOOGLIE
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

I was just fine with THE LAND UNKNOWN. Big, mean monsters! You can't go wrong. And you know what? It's scary. I don't care how bad the effects are. Big, mean monsters are terrifying. It's a good thing Henry Brandon had his flaming sticks. "Look! Monsters. Hand me a flaming stick!"
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

RedRiver wrote:And you know what? It's scary. I don't care how bad the effects are. Big, mean monsters are terrifying. It's a good thing Henry Brandon had his flaming sticks. "Look! Monsters. Hand me a flaming stick!"
Wasn't Shug there to protect you? I remember the first time that I saw ever saw Poltergeist I made my dog Casey sleep near me on the couch. No spooks were getting me when he was on-guard.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

Sugar slept through it. Some bodyguard!
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

I probably won't watch that cinematic treasure, MUNSTER GO HOME tonight. It was on not long ago. I did fall asleep during that broadcast. But, as I recall, I didn't miss much! Maybe next week's feature will be exciting.
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

The Shadow of the Cat - 1961 Movie

[dailymotion][/dailymotion]

Here's the full length Movie on Dailymotion and I haven't seen this movie in my lifetime. So, this sounds interesting to watch on Svengoolie this Saturday Night.

BTW, I did not watch MUNSTER, GO HOME because - I have the DVD and planning on watching it sometimes this week. So, no point watching the movie last night because I have the DVD.
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

SHADOW OF THE CAT? Wow! I don't remember this one at all.
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

Oooh, a Hammer film I've never seen, though I do like Andre Morrell and Barbara Shelley as actors in this kind of dark froth, usually. "A female house cat sees her mistress murdered by her husband and two servants, and becomes ferociously bent on revenge" according to the IMDb synopsis, but I hope that this doesn't make me drop a dime to the Kitty Anti-Defamation League. Felines have enough trouble getting by in this world.

This movie was directed by John Gilling, who also helmed The Gamma People (1956), with a story set in a totalitarian Ruritania dominated by a scientist. It is one of the strangest films in the careers of Paul Douglas and Leslie Phillips, both of whom were more comfortable in comedy than sci-fi, even sci-fi with oddly jocular moments. You can see this Cold War fable here.

I'll certainly give The Shadow of the Cat (1961) a try. Thanks for the heads up & link to the movie, Erik.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

I don't know if Sugar will like this one or not!
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

I missed SHADOW OF THE CAT. PBS is running classic movies on Saturday nights now. Opposite Svengoolie! What's a fan to do?
Lucky Vassall

Post by Lucky Vassall »

RedRiver wrote:I missed SHADOW OF THE CAT. PBS is running classic movies on Saturday nights now. Opposite Svengoolie! What's a fan to do?
Guess you could get one of those picture-in-picture TV sets and watch both at once!

Think of the wonderful memories that would create:

Citizen Kane? Oh yes, is't that the one where Lon Chaney, Jr. plays a dog who runs for governor?
[size=85]AVATAR: Billy DeWolfe as Mrs. Murgatroid, “Blue Skies” (1946)

[b]“My ancestors came over on the Mayflower.”
“You’re lucky. Now they have immigration laws."[/b]
[i]Mae West, The Heat’s On” (1943[/i])

[b]:–)—[/b]
Pinoc-U-no(se)[/size]
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

UP NEXT THE ...

EVIL OF FRANKENSTEIN ...

[youtube][/youtube]

A 1964 Film, starring Peter Cushing, Peter Woodthorpe, Duncan Lamont, Katy Wild, and others ...
Lucky Vassall

Post by Lucky Vassall »

Guess Mary Shelley's one great mistake was in giving the name to the doctor instead of the creature.

Of course, then we would never have had Doctor Fronkensteen!
[size=85]AVATAR: Billy DeWolfe as Mrs. Murgatroid, “Blue Skies” (1946)

[b]“My ancestors came over on the Mayflower.”
“You’re lucky. Now they have immigration laws."[/b]
[i]Mae West, The Heat’s On” (1943[/i])

[b]:–)—[/b]
Pinoc-U-no(se)[/size]
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

I like "Evil of Frank." I well remember seeing in a theatre in the mid-60s. Kiwi Kingston!