3 Godfathers

pvitari

3 Godfathers

Post by pvitari »

JackFavell wrote a beautiful mini-essay about 3 Godfathers in the John Ford thread and she was especially enthralled with the exquisite Technicolor cinematography and the performance (and beautiful baritone singing voice) of Harry Carey, Jr., so here are some quickie screencaps from the movie featuring Dobe. (You can find Ben's scenes from the movie on the Ben webpage in the John Ford Films section.)

More ---->
pvitari

Re: 3 Godfathers

Post by pvitari »

JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

My gosh, P, those are great! I'm all choked up looking at them. Thanks very much for posting.

These just jump out at me, for the lighting mostly, which is not as obvious when you are watching the film:

JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

I just started a thread over at the TCM site in YOUR FAVORITES, one geared toward getting Harry Carey, Jr. a little spotlight time. I'd love to see him get a little love while he can appreciate it.

So if you want to see a Harry Carey, Jr evening,a day, or even a month, please post over there and make your views known. I know it's a pain to go on the website, but I think Harry's worth it, don't you?
pvitari

Post by pvitari »

I know it's a pain to go on the website, but I think Harry's worth it, don't you?
I went there, and I tried, but I just can NOT figure out how to make that forum work. If I try to edit my reply, it wants to delete the message rather than letting me make the edit! I hate that TCM forum. It says there is one reply -- the reply I tried to upload I assume -- but I can't even find the post, if it even still exists. I can't figure out how to post a photo. All the codes I try turn up as text, and I don't see a photo icon for loading it directly from the computer.

How do you guys stand it over there?
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

I saw it come up in my email, even read what you wrote, but then when I go to the thread, your reply isn't there.
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

OK it just turned up! What a pain that site is!