The February 2013 TCM Schedule

Discussion of programming on TCM.
Robert Regan

Re: The February 2013 TCM Schedule

Post by Robert Regan »

Yes, Theresa, Binoche and Jacob are also very good. I like Kieslowski, but sometimes he gets a bit heavy.
feaito

Post by feaito »

Kingrat, Do not MISS it. It's a great film I discovered thank to the kindness of a friend from Europe who shared it with me.
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

I'm looking forward seeing ...

LAVENDER HILL MOB ... 1951 Film on Thursday, the 28th
LADYKILLERS, THE ... 1955 Film on Thursday, the 28th

Jumping Ahead on March 1st, 2013

... Sorry about jumping ahead ... :)

STORY OF G.I. JOE ... 1945 Film on Friday, March 1st.
RED RIVER ... 1948 Film, also on Friday, March 1st.

Check your times ... and I read and re-read a dozen or more times of so many members here about RED RIVER ... and this will be my first time that I will see this film. I read so many complimentary remarks about this film and I will not miss this movie for the world. I'm looking forward seeing it.
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Kingme:

I'm looking forward to your comments about Red River. Please be sure to make note, preferably in the Western thread, so the rest of us few western fans can be sure to see it.
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Don't forget, kingme, The Man in the White Suit, on in between the two other Ealing comedies, as well as Saraband for Dead Lovers, on very early on the 28th.

Of the three Ealing comedies, though it's REALLY hard to pick, my favorite would be The Man in the White Suit. It's such a splendid satire on the role of the dreamer and how dangerous he can be to the fabric of society. :D

Sorry. I had to do it.
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

Red, The Ladykillers is my favourite British comedy, it's priceless, I love every moment and it the rare example of a film I will watch whenever I come across it showing on TV no matter how much of the movie I've missed. I rarely do that with any other movie. My DVD copy is pretty much worn out too. Bless Katie Johnson as Mrs Wilberforce and as for General Gordon :lol: ah, I love that movie. Do let me know how you like it.

Why they ever remade it I still don't know

The Lavender Hill Mob is my second favourite, look out for a young Audrey Hepburn. The Man in the White Suit is really good but for me it's these are numbers one and two.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

The Ladykillers was for years my favorite. It's absolutely brilliant and wonderful, and, like CCFan, I ALWAYS watch it when it's on, no matter what.

Alison, I saw Katie Johnson in another film and was bowled over, she was nothing like Mrs. Lopsided.
feaito

Post by feaito »

kingme wrote:I'm looking forward seeing ...

Both MUST-SEES!
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

JackFavell wrote:Don't forget, kingme, The Man in the White Suit, on in between the two other Ealing comedies, as well as Saraband for Dead Lovers, on very early on the 28th.

Of the three Ealing comedies, though it's REALLY hard to pick, my favorite would be The Man in the White Suit. It's such a splendid satire on the role of the dreamer and how dangerous he can be to the fabric of society. :D

Sorry. I had to do it.
Thanks for the recommendations Jack Favell ... I was planning on working out during that time frame and might as well wait until Ladykillers is over. Looks like I will be watching three movies in a roll. You talked of me into this!
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

mrsl wrote:.
Kingme:

I'm looking forward to your comments about Red River. Please be sure to make note, preferably in the Western thread, so the rest of us few western fans can be sure to see it.
I will ... thanks for the heads up!
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

feaito wrote:
kingme wrote:I'm looking forward seeing ...

Both MUST-SEES!
That's for sure!
Vecchiolarry

Post by Vecchiolarry »

Hi,

Wouldn't you know - - in Canada we are not getting these movies.... Ignorant & disgusting!

Once again, I am busy spitting tacks!!!

Larry
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Oh that's too bad, Larry! Hey how was that cruise?