Hibi

Re: OBITUARIES

Post by Hibi »

Playwright Christopher Durang has died.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/03/thea ... =url-share
Andree

Post by Andree »

I know NDP is supposed to be a serious take on the new suburbia, but this thing is a hoot.
These four couples have enough dysfunction to keep Dear Abby busy for a decade (or more).
I especially get a kick out of Tony Randall as the car salesman. Would you buy.....hell
no. I watched it a few years ago on YT. I did a quick check and it's still on in a high quality
print in marvelous widescreen. Don't forget to bring some brewskis and a sword.
Every man has a right to an umbrella.~Dostoyevsky
CinemaInternational

Post by CinemaInternational »

Hibi wrote: April 2nd, 2024, 8:45 am Saw a mention on ABC news last night about Barbara Rush. They mentioned her starring in Peyton Place and All My Children and one monster movie! She appeared in so much else! A leading lady in many 50s films. Beautiful lady even in old age. What longevity!

I see nothing in the HR obit about All My Children. Did they confuse it with Flamingo Road? Also, she appeared in an episode of MURDER, SHE WROTE! looking beautiful as a fashion designer (and murder suspect) in Paris. I'd forgotten she had been married to Jeffrey Hunter.
Admittedly, Peyton Place and All my Children were both on ABC, so they are probably biased....
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

CinemaInternational wrote: April 3rd, 2024, 3:35 pm
Hibi wrote: April 2nd, 2024, 8:45 am Saw a mention on ABC news last night about Barbara Rush. They mentioned her starring in Peyton Place and All My Children and one monster movie! She appeared in so much else! A leading lady in many 50s films. Beautiful lady even in old age. What longevity!

I see nothing in the HR obit about All My Children. Did they confuse it with Flamingo Road? Also, she appeared in an episode of MURDER, SHE WROTE! looking beautiful as a fashion designer (and murder suspect) in Paris. I'd forgotten she had been married to Jeffrey Hunter.
Admittedly, Peyton Place and All my Children were both on ABC, so they are probably biased....
LOL.
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

Andree wrote: April 3rd, 2024, 3:34 pm I know NDP is supposed to be a serious take on the new suburbia, but this thing is a hoot.
These four couples have enough dysfunction to keep Dear Abby busy for a decade (or more).
I especially get a kick out of Tony Randall as the car salesman. Would you buy.....hell
no. I watched it a few years ago on YT. I did a quick check and it's still on in a high quality
print in marvelous widescreen. Don't forget to bring some brewskis and a sword.
LOL! Right. Would you buy a used car from this man????? I checked Amazon and it looks like Fox finally put it out on DVD, but it's on the pricey side. Thanks for the Youtube info.
Andree

Post by Andree »

Hibi wrote: April 3rd, 2024, 4:07 pm

LOL! Right. Would you buy a used car from this man????? I checked Amazon and it looks like Fox finally put it out on DVD, but it's on the pricey side. Thanks for the Youtube info.
The YT video is of really good quality. Despite all the unintentional humor and
many of the over the top situations, it does have a certain realistic ring to it.
Every man has a right to an umbrella.~Dostoyevsky
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

DELETE
Last edited by Hibi on April 8th, 2024, 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Hibi wrote: April 8th, 2024, 3:20 pm Robert Clary ("Hogan's Heroes") has died.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv ... 235263555/
Actually here Hibi, Robert Clary died about a year and a half ago on November 16, 2022.

(...beret and all) ;)
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

Dargo wrote: April 8th, 2024, 3:30 pm

Actually here Hibi, Robert Clary died about a year and a half ago on November 16, 2022.

(...beret and all) ;)
Yes, I was misinformed!
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Hibi wrote: April 8th, 2024, 3:32 pm

(...beret and all) ;)
Yes, I was misinformed!
Aah, so just like Bogie was about the waters located in Casablanca, eh?! ;)
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

Dargo wrote: April 8th, 2024, 3:34 pm
Hibi wrote: April 8th, 2024, 3:32 pm

(...beret and all) ;)
Yes, I was misinformed!
Aah, so just like Bogie was about the waters located in Casablanca, eh?! ;)
YUP! I neglected to look at the date on the obit. I guess I missed it the first time around........
j.lunatic

Post by j.lunatic »

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... 235871909/

O.J. Simpson, football player, actor, age 76. Reported cause of death: cancer.

I'm going to say I liked the Naked Gun movies, and leave the subject at that.
Avatar: Madalynne Field (1907-1974)
Formerly known as Peg of the Precodes on the TCM forums.
Letterboxd: https://letterboxd.com/PollyPrecoder/
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

The less said the better. Death is the final equalizer. If there is an afterlife, he'll find his justice.
Feinberg

Post by Feinberg »

Hibi wrote: April 11th, 2024, 11:01 am The less said the better. Death is the final equalizer. If there is an afterlife, he'll find his justice.
For anyone interested in this subject I would very highly recommend Vincent Bugliosi's book Outrage. I thought any prospective criminal trial lawyer should read it.
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

Feinberg wrote: April 11th, 2024, 11:05 am
Hibi wrote: April 11th, 2024, 11:01 am The less said the better. Death is the final equalizer. If there is an afterlife, he'll find his justice.
For anyone interested in this subject I would very highly recommend Vincent Bugliosi's book Outrage. I thought any prospective criminal trial lawyer should read it.
I hadn't realized The Bug wrote about the trial. I've read several of his books, but not that one. I'd like to read it, but not right now. Don't want to relive all that again.