TCM Remembers 2022

Discussion of programming on TCM.
HoldenIsHere

TCM Remembers 2022

Post by HoldenIsHere »

TCM has released its "TCM Remembers 2022" video tribute to film artists and technicians who died this year.
As with these tributes from previous years, the 2022 video is beautifully done with wonderfully selected clips masterfully edited and underscored with music. The song chosen for this year's tribute was Lord Huron's "The Night We Met."

I'm always interested to see who is chosen to be featured first in the tribute and who is chosen to be featured last. I think this year TCM made the perfect choices: opening with Peter Bogandovich and closing with Sidney Poitier.

I was especially moved to see Pat Carroll at the 0.44 point with a video clip of her side-by-side with a clip of Ursula, the character she voiced in THE LITTLE MERMAID, a favorite movie of mine since childhood.

Last edited by HoldenIsHere on December 22nd, 2022, 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LawrenceA

Re: TCM Remembers 2022

Post by LawrenceA »

Thanks for posting this.

I was happy to see Jimmy Wang Yu get a mention.
Watching until the end.
LiamCasey

Post by LiamCasey »

Thanks from me also.
CinemaInternational

Post by CinemaInternational »

Thank you. So many names who passed, but although I love Sidney Poitier and Peter Bogdanovich's work, I think Angela Lansbury was the one that hit home the most for me.
CinemaInternational

Post by CinemaInternational »

Wait.... wait.... they forgot Sally Kellerman?!?
LiamCasey

Post by LiamCasey »

CinemaInternational wrote: December 18th, 2022, 3:11 pm Wait.... wait.... they forgot Sally Kellerman?!?
Good catch. That’s a surprising omission.
LawrenceA

Post by LawrenceA »

Kellerman is a surprise omission.

A few other movie people that I notice missing are Mark Forest, Gaspard Ulliel, Brad Johnson, James Olson, Kenneth Welsh, Michael Callan, and Andrew Prine.

There are also several TV people, like Bob Saget, Louie Anderson, Howard Hesseman, David Birney, John Aylward, Gregory Itzin, Tony Sirico, Taurean Blacque, Roger E. Moseley, Jack Ging, Ron Masak, Leslie Jordan, and Tony Dow, and most appeared in at least one notable film role, but I understand their omission due to time constraints and film focus.
Watching until the end.
HoldenIsHere

Post by HoldenIsHere »

CinemaInternational wrote: December 18th, 2022, 3:01 pm Thank you. So many names who passed, but although I love Sidney Poitier and Peter Bogdanovichs work, I think Angela Lansbury was the one that hit home the most for me.
Yes, Angela Lansbury's death also impacted me a lot, but I can see why TCM chose Peter Bogadonovich and Sidney Poitier as the book-ends for their tribute since the channel's focus is on movies.
Angela Lansbury gave a number of great movie performances, but she is most remembered for her contributions to theater and television.
ziggy6708a

Post by ziggy6708a »

HoldenIsHere wrote: December 18th, 2022, 2:25 pm TCM has released its "TCM Remembers 2022" video tribute to film artists and technicians who died this year.
As with these tributes from previous years, the 2022 video is beautifully done with wonderfully selected clips masterfully edited and underscored with music. The song chosen for this year's tribute was Lord Huron's "The Night We Met."

I'm always interested to see who is chosen to be featured first in the tribute and who is chosen to be featured last. I think this year TCM made the perfect choices: opening with Peter Bogandovich and closing with Sidney Poitier.

I was especially moved to see Pat Carroll at the 0.44 point with a video clip of her side-by-side with a clip of Ursula, the character she voiced in THE LITTLE MERMAID, a favorite movie of mine since childhood.

Liked :) & thanks :smiley_worship:
was "mr6666" @ TCM
Marysara1

Post by Marysara1 »

HoldenIsHere wrote: December 18th, 2022, 5:55 pm
CinemaInternational wrote: December 18th, 2022, 3:01 pm Thank you. So many names who passed, but although I love Sidney Poitier and Peter Bogdanovichs work, I think Angela Lansbury was the one that hit home the most for me.
Yes, Angela Lansbury's death also impacted me a lot, but I can see why TCM chose Peter Bogadonovich and Sidney Poitier as the book-ends for their tribute since the channel's focus is on movies.
Angela Lansbury gave a number of great movie performances, but she is most remembered for her contributions to theater and television.
Wasn't Peter a focus on a TCM Podcast.
sagebrush

Post by sagebrush »

Nice tribute (and I like the Mustang in the video :) ). Thanks for posting it, HoldenIsHere. I haven't seen it on TCM's TV channel yet.
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

CinemaInternational wrote: December 18th, 2022, 3:01 pm Thank you. So many names who passed, but although I love Sidney Poitier and Peter Bogdanovich's work, I think Angela Lansbury was the one that hit home the most for me.
DITTO.
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

Marysara1 wrote: December 19th, 2022, 3:04 am
HoldenIsHere wrote: December 18th, 2022, 5:55 pm
Wasn't Peter a focus on a TCM Podcast.
That's debatable.
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

Thanks for posting, Holden. I hadn't seen it yet. There were some people I hadn't known had died. Always hate to find out this way.
HoldenIsHere

Post by HoldenIsHere »

Hibi wrote: December 19th, 2022, 2:12 pm Thanks for posting, Holden. I hadn't seen it yet. There were some people I hadn't known had died. Always hate to find out this way.
Yes, Hibi, I had the same experience -- there were some in the tribute that I had not realized had died.
One of those was Mitchell Ryan, the original Burke Devlin from DARK SHADOWS.