What's It Like Facing the World As a Man?

Chit-chat, current events
Intrepid37

What's It Like Facing the World As a Man?

Post by Intrepid37 »

Sepiatone

Re: What's It Like Facing the World As a Man?

Post by Sepiatone »

Oh.
I thought you were asking out of your own curiosity. ;)

Sepiatone
Allhallowsday

Post by Allhallowsday »

I think the host of the YouTube clip is good at analyzing the MAN in the clip, but the HOST does not speak for our sex or mankind.
The point of existence is we are each UNIQUE.
Intrepid37

Post by Intrepid37 »

skimpole wrote: June 13th, 2023, 7:50 pm People look at you funny if you sing "I enjoy being a girl" out loud?
For me, it's when I sing "Johnny Angel" out loud. I liked that song when I was 13 and still sing it once in a blue moon. The last time I did, a buddy scoffed at me - but a woman who was there as well gave me "the smile" if you know what I mean.
Intrepid37

Post by Intrepid37 »

Allhallowsday wrote: June 13th, 2023, 12:56 pm the HOST does not speak for our sex or mankind
Who does?

Nobody, that's who.
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Intrepid37 wrote: June 14th, 2023, 3:07 am
For me, it's when I sing "Johnny Angel" out loud. I liked that song when I was 13 and still sing it once in a blue moon. The last time I did, a buddy scoffed at me - but a woman who was there as well gave me "the smile" if you know what I mean.
So, do you sing this song in your natural voice, or do you try to sound like Shelley Fabares?

(...ya know, depending upon the answer you now give, it might go a long way in explaining that scoffed reaction you got from your buddy) ;)

LOL
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

OH, and btw...

While watching that video just now, the old saying "Life sucks, and then you die" came to my mind.

(...and as far as I know, that old saying isn't "gender-specific")
Intrepid37

Post by Intrepid37 »

Dargo wrote: June 14th, 2023, 11:20 am
So, do you sing this song in your natural voice, or do you try to sound like Shelley Fabares?
I do all my singing with my real, decidedly masculine voice.

No falsettos for me.
Intrepid37

Post by Intrepid37 »

Dargo wrote: June 14th, 2023, 11:26 am OH, and btw...

While watching that video just now, the old saying "Life sucks, and then you die" came to my mind.

(...and as far as I know, that old saying isn't "gender-specific")
That's the general theme of the Walt Disney movie "Bambi".

Except for the "sucks" part. It's actually "Life's a b!tch and then you die"
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Intrepid37 wrote: June 14th, 2023, 11:30 am
Dargo wrote: June 14th, 2023, 11:20 am
I do all my singing with my real, decidedly masculine voice.

No falsettos for me.
So, you say you can hit the higher notes in songs WITHOUT having to go falsetto, then?

That's pretty impressive! Geez, I haven't been able to do this sort'a thing for YEARS now.

(...of course on the brighter side here, it sure makes singing along to Bee Gees songs on the radio a real snap)
Intrepid37

Post by Intrepid37 »

Dargo wrote: June 14th, 2023, 11:47 am So, you say you can hit the higher notes in songs WITHOUT having to go falsetto, then?
I didn't say I could hit higher notes in songs.

That range is gone now. I used to be able to do a pretty good Orbison in terms of range - but I've lost all that. Don't have the wind or the throat anymore. I can still do a passable Sinatra and have to be happy with that.
Sepiatone

Post by Sepiatone »

Allhallowsday wrote: June 13th, 2023, 12:56 pm I think the host of the YouTube clip is good at analyzing the MAN in the clip, but the HOST does not speak for our sex or mankind.
Oh, right. :roll:

I only imagine I see dozens of guys all over the place wearing ball caps and sporting goatees, eh? :smiley_huh:

Or kids(and adults as well) wearing those caps with the bill turned backwards? And stores, restaurants and other public places full of "unique" people wearing something with a NORTH FACE logo on it?
And what about tattoos, face and body piercings and guys with shaved heads or hair no longer than a five O'clock shadow?

Yeah. Unique. :roll:

Sepiatone
Allhallowsday

Post by Allhallowsday »

Sepiatone wrote: June 14th, 2023, 12:13 pm
Allhallowsday wrote: June 13th, 2023, 12:56 pm I think the host of the YouTube clip is good at analyzing the MAN in the clip, but the HOST does not speak for our sex or mankind.
Oh, right. :roll:

I only imagine I see dozens of guys all over the place wearing ball caps and sporting goatees, eh? :smiley_huh:

Or kids(and adults as well) wearing those caps with the bill turned backwards? And stores, restaurants and other public places full of "unique" people wearing something with a NORTH FACE logo on it?
And what about tattoos, face and body piercings and guys with shaved heads or hair no longer than a five O'clock shadow?

Yeah. Unique. :roll:

Sepiatone
YES. I have a goatee and always wear a cap, but NEVER backwards. YES, Sepiatone, we are not herd animals, but UNIQUE.
Don't be such a pickle puss.
Allhallowsday

Post by Allhallowsday »

Intrepid37 wrote: June 14th, 2023, 9:22 am
Allhallowsday wrote: June 13th, 2023, 12:56 pm the HOST does not speak for our sex or mankind
Who does?

Nobody, that's who.
I think that's the point I made.