What's It Like Facing the World As a Man?

Chit-chat, current events
Allhallowsday

Re: What's It Like Facing the World As a Man?

Post by Allhallowsday »

Sepiatone wrote: June 16th, 2023, 11:53 am
Allhallowsday wrote: June 15th, 2023, 11:37 am
Sepiatone wrote: June 15th, 2023, 11:00 am

Even after admitting you prove my point you still insist on believing otherwise. ;)
Well, at least THAT'S what makes you unique. :smiley_clap:
You had no point, and if there were, it's hardly proven.
By admitting you wear a ball cap(like millions of others do) not only proved my point, but in more ways than one people basically ARE "herd animals". Like....

Do you(like another millions or so) also own a "smart phone"? and do you also(like millions do) text?

There's really nothing wrong in any of that, if indeed it's what you choose to do. But then ask yourself.....
Go back to your own writing; you wrote backward cap wearing which I do not do, ergo, I may come close, but I don't fit the model. We are all unique. Unique is a word I chose carefully because it is misused and modified in our culture which it shouldn't be. Think DNA. We are all indeed UNIQUE.
And I've never fit a model, though labels have always been slapped on people including disparagement because a person does not "belong".
Sepiatone

Post by Sepiatone »

The backward cap wearing was mentioned as a variant. It was the ball cap that indicated a "model".

Sepiatone
Allhallowsday

Post by Allhallowsday »

Sepiatone wrote: June 16th, 2023, 12:47 pm The backward cap wearing was mentioned as a variant. It was the ball cap that indicated a "model".

Sepiatone
Baloney. Since we are civilized we wear clothes, in a contemporaneous sense, fashion. Clothes make not the man. I do find it interesting that you debate "uniqueness" and the OP asserts I am condescending to point out "the obvious". Let's agree to disagree.
Andree

Post by Andree »

jamesjazzguitar wrote: June 16th, 2023, 9:29 am

I hardly think anybody needs to be told that. Talk about a "point" being pointless by being totally unnecessary.

It's about as condescendingly cheap as it's possible to be - nobody needs to be reminded of something so utterly obvious.
Not being a mind reader I can't tell what a person does or does not know. The questions seem to point to some
confusion on the subject. It's only a song anyway.
Every man has a right to an umbrella.~Dostoyevsky
Intrepid37

Post by Intrepid37 »

Andree wrote: June 16th, 2023, 5:03 pm It's only a song anyway.
A woman has transitioned into appearing to the world to be a man - and is cryingly unhappy to have found that life is emotionally much tougher as a man than it was as a woman.

Just thought I'd bring the topic back to the original post.
Andree

Post by Andree »

Intrepid37 wrote: June 16th, 2023, 7:21 pm

A woman has transitioned into appearing to the world to be a man - and is cryingly unhappy to have found that life is emotionally much tougher as a man than it was as a woman.

Boo hoo. I find the host in the OP to be funny. He sounds like one of those guys who misses the old days
when men controlled just about everything and women were, in many cases, second-class citizens. Now
he's mad that things have changed. And it sounds like he lives in an adult version of Lord of the Flies
where men have to fight their way to work each morning. What a hoot.
Intrepid37

Post by Intrepid37 »

Andree wrote: June 16th, 2023, 9:24 pm
Intrepid37 wrote: June 16th, 2023, 7:21 pm

Boo hoo. I find the host in the OP to be funny. He sounds like one of those guys who misses the old days
when men controlled just about everything and women were, in many cases, second-class citizens. Now
he's mad that things have changed. And it sounds like he lives in an adult version of Lord of the Flies
where men have to fight their way to work each morning. What a hoot.
He doesn't sound angry at all to me.

You, on the other hand.....
Andree

Post by Andree »

Intrepid37 wrote: June 16th, 2023, 9:26 pm

.....don't sound angry either. Boo hoo. I don't think he raises his voice that much, but one can be angry without
doing so. I'm going to listen to the clip again so I can have a good laugh. Yep, every time a man walks down
a street people move to the other side. What world does this dope live in?
Intrepid37

Post by Intrepid37 »

Andree wrote: June 16th, 2023, 10:14 pm
Intrepid37 wrote: June 16th, 2023, 9:26 pm

.....don't sound angry either. Boo hoo. I don't think he raises his voice that much, but one can be angry without doing so. I'm going to listen to the clip again so I can have a good laugh. Yep, every time a man walks down a street people move to the other side. What world does this dope live in?
He said every time a man walks down the street....? You actually think he said that?

Well, it has happened at times - never to women, though - only to men. But I think you're latching on to a very minor observance because of your antipathy to men discussing their experiences in life.

It's fine that you don't like the way Joker thinks or feels or observes or speaks - that's expected. The vast majority of women don't like him.

But he doesn't come across as angry. It's almost always women reacting to his opinions and observations that come across like that. Or their simps. They say things like "He sounds like one of those guys who misses the old days when men controlled just about everything and women were, in many cases, second-class citizens. Now he's mad that things have changed. And it sounds like he lives in an adult version of Lord of the Flies where men have to fight their way to work each morning", and crazy **** like that.
Sepiatone

Post by Sepiatone »

Allhallowsday wrote: June 16th, 2023, 1:49 pm Let's agree to disagree.
Fine with me. I'd say we've beaten that dead horse to hamburger. And in getting back to whatever the OP was trying to infer(which had nothing to do with uniqueness) what seems to be a bit overlooked by some in this discussion is the person, once a woman but now living as a man finds it isn't as easy as he or she at first imagined it would be. Being a man isn't all that easy. But then too, a woman's lot isn't any bed of roses either. Ask any single Father raising his own children. Or any Father taking care of the kids and the house while Mom was in the hospital after having the newest member of the family. Or my Mom, who as a single Mother also having to learn all those "handyman" methods in home maintenance Just to save money by not having to hire some man to do them. And being a single Mother in the late 1950's also meant not having the earning power to be able to afford that. And she often told me it was no walk in the park.

And in spite of all the "enlightenment" of the last 40+ years there's still too many who seemingly cling in desperation to the old notions. But in all, it reminds me of those idiot celebrities who go on talk shows and gush about how having children have changed their lives. Well DUH! They should have realized that once a doctor told them the rabbit died. Just like transgender people(I usually consider "transgender" as referring to those who went through the strident surgical transition from one gender to another) should have realized it before ever going through it all. As one person I saw some years back on a talk show who went from being a man to a woman said,"If I was smart I would have spent a year or two practicing to walk in heels before I had this done." :lol:

And I was also wondering if Intrepid had a reason for posting that video besides showing us that he(or she?) has the ability to search for and find videos in which people postulate their half-assed points of view.

Sepiatone
Intrepid37

Post by Intrepid37 »

Sometimes I post what I find to be an interesting topic. If even one other person finds what I find interesting to be interesting as well, great.

Isn't that the purpose of discussion forums?
Sepiatone

Post by Sepiatone »

It might have helped if you also posted your reason for posting the video.

Especially if your POV differs from the one held by the azzwipe in the clip. Otherwise some might think you're the same kind of wasted sperm he is.

Sepiatone
Intrepid37

Post by Intrepid37 »

Sepiatone wrote: June 17th, 2023, 12:53 pm It might have helped if you also posted your reason for posting the video
Because you always justify your posts, right?

Get bent.
Andree

Post by Andree »

Intrepid37 wrote: June 17th, 2023, 5:09 am

He said every time a man walks down the street....? You actually think he said that?

Well, it has happened at times - never to women, though - only to men. But I think you're latching on to a very minor observance because of your antipathy to men discussing their experiences in life.

It's fine that you don't like the way Joker thinks or feels or observes or speaks - that's expected. The vast majority of women don't like him.

But he doesn't come across as angry. It's almost always women reacting to his opinions and observations that come across like that. Or their simps. They say things like "He sounds like one of those guys who misses the old days when men controlled just about everything and women were, in many cases, second-class citizens. Now he's mad that things have changed. And it sounds like he lives in an adult version of Lord of the Flies where men have to fight their way to work each morning", and crazy **** like that.
I don't think he used the word every, he just said that when men walk down the street people move to the
other side. I'm no hulk, but I'm of average size and I've never seen any one move to the opposite side of
the street, even if I give them a mean look. Oh, I don't care about men discussing their experiences in life,
though I think this guy believes men don't do it very much and don't have to.

IRL, I'm a man, only my avatar is of a woman. He did say that men are never safe unless they're with their
buddies or with their buddies in a dive bar. Never knew that. Walking down the same streets I feel pretty safe,
even if I'm by myself. From now on I'll be watching my back. Yeah, he does sound like that. It's ride or die,
men get no support or help, society sees them as the enemy, and darn it all, when a straight male goes
for a job, they always give it to somebody else, blah, blah, blah. I'm not going to bother with the few times
he empathizes white male, but that's not a complete surprise.

For Joker, a bald middle-age man presenting as a clueless idiot, and doing it very well.

Sepiatone

Post by Sepiatone »

Intrepid37 wrote: June 17th, 2023, 12:56 pm

Because you always justify your posts, right?

Get bent.
It wasn't a matter of justification fool. Just motive. And you needn't have posted more than to ask; "What are your thoughts on this?" THEN post the clip. It was you who opened yourself to criticism by not giving reason to your action. People do(if you haven't noticed by this point in your clueless life) that people will often make assumptions if no clue is given for the why of what you do. To whit:

I could easily just post a YT clip of former Alabama governor George Wallace giving one of his vitriolic bigoted rants, and just that, without mentioning any reason for me to do so, and people would probably assume His and my POV are the same. And that would be my fault.

Get bent, eh? Well, I'd tell you to go to Hell, but it's bad enough down there already without you making it worse. :smiley_oneglass:

Sepiatone