Can changes be made?

Chit-chat, current events
mrsl

Can changes be made?

Post by mrsl »

Earlier, Sugarpuss and I were discussing the inability of changing movies back to a more acceptable style, but thought it was impossible.

Today, for me, TCM and Encores' Western channel were both repeat days, so I looked for other things and fortunately I happened upon the 100 Best Duets in Country Music on CMT.

I, myself was getting a little tired of the rock and rap junk that seemed to be slowly infiltrating C&W, but a couple of years ago, two of the biggest stars (George Strait and Alan Jackson), joined and did a little song named "Murder on Music Row". It spoke about just those things and how we better do something soon, or C&W would no longer be what we know and love. Well, that little record made Song of the Year, Duet of the Year, Record of the Year, and on and on. i.e. it won all the awards it could be nominated for, and lo and behold, country music is quickly returning to its' roots and dissing all the other stuff that has tried to destroy it. I would love to see a movie come out and show what garbage is being offered as opposed to what could be done with the great techniques available today.

Any comments?

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

After typing the oritinal post up, I just re-read it and realized I should have put it in as a continuance of the other discussion in the Sci-fi and Horror topic, as it pertains to that subject.

I was trying to show that one little song, by THE two giants in the C&W industry was able to cause a turnaround and a return to the true country sound.

In our discussion of horror movies, we touched on the fact that nothing can be done to change the direction that movies of this genre are going right now. My question is, do you think that if a couple of the truly good producers, directors and stars made a film mocking what is going on today, it might cause a sort of 'food for thought' moment?

If such a film were made, who do you think would be the best to be involved? Apparently, it isn't enough to just make a good film, because there have been a few recently, it has to be something to make people sit up and take notice of todays' failures and lacksadaisical attitudes.

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************