George Kennedy on Jimmy Stewart

Discussion of programming on TCM.
mrsl

George Kennedy on Jimmy Stewart

Post by mrsl »

I really like most of these little short tributes that are done, but this one really caught my attention. Georges' admiration comes out in his voice very clearly. The things he said, I believe, if I had know Mr. Stewart, are things I would have said. I know that sounds funny, but his tribute is so down to earth, and I think Jimmy was really like that. He didn't need a lot of brou-ha-ha around him. Although he was a big movie star, I got the impression that he was basically a simple guy, just trying to make a living.

Also I think Kennedy is the perfect person to do the tribute because although not as big a star, I don't recall ever hearing, reading, or seeing anything bad about him. He seems to be another one who just lives his life. Am I wrong? Does anyone have a different opinion?

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

I'm of the same opinion. Haven't heard a lot but it's never been bad. I remember him the most from his "The Blue Knight" tv series. Only after that did I start to notice him in movies.

A great booming voice.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
inglis

jimmy tribute

Post by inglis »

I caught it the other day and I really thought it was well done, and I too could tell the admiration that George Kennedy felt about Jimmy Stewart. I have always liked George Kennedy .I liked the tough talking cigar smoking man he played in the movie Airport. Anyway Anne I hope you are well and enjoying your Summer, Inglis